Lemon gluten free donuts are the perfect homemade baked donuts to make for breakfast or brunch, and these gluten free lemon donuts are dairy free too! This easy gluten free donuts recipe is quick; the little lemon donuts are ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
Lemon gluten free donuts are just the snack my kids love when they get home from school. Drizzle icing on top, or eat these lemon gluten free donuts plain. You can even create a delicious dairy-free donut glaze by mixing 2 cups of powdered sugar with 1/4 cup of almond milk.
For even more delicious lemon desserts, check out my Top Ten Gluten Free Lemon Desserts roundup!
Take a look at this little lemon gluten free donut and you can see how moist and delicious it is! For a comprehensive list of all of my gluten free donut recipes, check out my BEST gluten free donut recipes!
More Lemon Desserts
As promised, here is another recipe that will use up some of those lemons. Our tree is still overflowing with lemons and I am working on finding a lot of ways to use them up.
My gluten free lemon tart recipe and my gluten free lemon bundt cake recipes are other great ways to use up those lemons :-). A delicious breakfast addition would be these gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins.
Can I make these lemon donuts in a donut pan?
(*Note, this donut maker style was discontinued. The new one makes 4 donuts at a time instead of 6.)
I get this question a lot from my readers. I tend to use this little donut maker in most of my donut recipes. It is easy to use, and it makes my donuts taste like they were fried…but they aren’t!
These moist and delicious gluten free donuts are so quick and easy to make with this Babycakes Mini Donut Maker. From start to finish we had little lemon donuts in under 20 minutes.
How long does it take to bake donuts?
It takes about 5 minutes to bake donuts in a donut maker.
If you prefer to use a donut pan, bake these gluten free lemon donuts for 350F degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the donuts from the pan onto a cooling rack.
Lemon Gluten Free Donuts Recipe Tips and Substitutions:
- I do suggest spraying the donut pan with a little coconut oil so the outside of the donut gets a little crispy.
- The beauty of this recipe is that you can easily customize the flavor. Omit the lemon and you have a delicious vanilla donut.
- Add white chocolate chips.
- Add blueberries or raspberries, which would taste delicious with this lemon donut.
I love to make gluten free lemon donut recipes for kids. This easy gluten free donuts recipe is a lot less guilt because I used applesauce to keep these gluten-free doughnuts super moist and to reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe.
Almond flour keeps these donuts moist and adds protein!
Almond flour helps add some protein so there isn’t a big sugar crash after eating one or two of these….(okay, maybe more like four or five. These are hard to resist!)
I highly recommend using almond flour instead of almond meal. Almond meal is ground thicker, which will make a more gritty texture to this donut recipe.
You can read more about the differences between almond meal and almond flour.
Can you make this gluten free donut recipe nut free?
You can easily make this gluten free lemon donut recipe nut free! To make these NUT FREE, instead of the almond flour, add 1/4 extra gluten free flour blend.
Can you use coconut sugar or another low glycemic sweetener instead of sugar?
You can definitely use coconut sugar in this gluten free lemon donut recipe. Note your donuts will be more of a brown color as coconut sugar is dark like brown sugar. To make a sugar free lemonade drizzle, use honey with a small amount of lemon juice.
Click here to see all of the lemon desserts recipes on this blog.
(**Please note there are affiliate links in this post. Making a purchase from an affiliate link will not change the price you pay for an item. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support !)
Tools needed to make this lemon donuts recipe:
- Babycakes donut maker. This is my favorite and most used kitchen toy 🙂
- Gluten-free flour blend. My favorite blend because it works so well.
- A donut pan, just in case you don’t have a donut maker.
How to Make Lemon Gluten Free Donuts:
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk together to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat the Babycakes Mini Donut Maker.
- Put a little dough into each section of the donut maker.
- Cook for 5 minutes until done.
- Remove and put onto cooling rack.
- Ice, frost, or eat plain.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 203 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 71mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Protein: 3g
Here are 8 More Yummy Donuts to Try!