Gluten-free AND dairy-free lemon donuts are just the snack my kids will love when they get home from school. Drizzle icing on top, or eat these little gluten-free donuts plain.
Drizzle icing on top, or eat these little gluten-free donuts plain. You can even create a delicious glaze by mixing 2 cups of powdered sugar with 1/4 cup almond milk.
Take a look at this little lemondonut and you can see how moist and delicious it is!
As promised, here is another recipe that will use up some of those lemons. Our tree is still overflowing with lemons and I am working on finding a lot of ways to use them up. My gluten free lemon tart recipe and my gluten-free lemon bundt cake recipes are other great ways to use up those lemons :-).
These moist and delicious gluten-free donuts are so quick and easy to make with my Babycakes Mini Donut Maker. From start to finish we had little lemon donuts in under 20 minutes.
- You can also bake these donuts in a donut pan if you don’t have a donut maker. There are a lot of gluten-free baking recipes on my blog. (I have a link below that shows you what my donut pan looks like.)
- I do suggest spraying the donut pan with coconut oil so the outside of the donut gets a little crispy.
- The beauty of this recipe is that you can easily customize the flavor. Omit the lemon and you have a delicious vanilla donut.
- Add white chocolate chips.
- Add blueberries or raspberries, which would taste delicious with this lemon donut.
I love to make gluten-free recipes for kids. This gluten-free donut recipe is a lot less guilt because I used applesauce to keep these gluten-free doughnuts super moist and to reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe.
Almond meal helps add some protein so there isn’t a big sugar crash after eating one or two of these….(okay, maybe more like four or five. These are hard to resist!)
Click here to see all of the donut recipes on this blog.
(**Please note there are affiliate links in this post. Making a purchase from an affiliate link will not change the price you pay for an item. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support !)
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Babycakes donut maker. This is my favorite and most used kitchen toy 🙂
- Gluten-free flour blend. My favorite blend because it works so well.
- A donut pan, just in case you don’t have a donut maker.
How to make gluten-free lemon donuts:
Quick and easy gluten free lemon donuts.
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk together to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat the Babycakes Mini Donut Maker.
- Put a little dough into each section of the donut maker.
- Cook for 5 minutes until done.
- Remove and put onto cooling rack.
- Ice, frost, or eat plain.
What are your favorite donuts?
Here are 8 More Yummy Donuts to Try!
More lemon/lime goodness:
Gluten-Free Lemon Curd Coconut Cupcakes – these are stuffed full of delicious lemon curd.