This delicious roasted air fryer fingerling potatoes recipe is full of Italian flavors. These fingerling potatoes are buttery when roasted and they taste great with any meal. Make this easy air fryer side dish in about 17 minutes.
Table of Contents
I don't know about you, but our family loves potatoes as a side to many meals I cook. It doesn't matter what kind of potato, or how they are cooked. There is something comforting about the natural sweetness potatoes have.
If you love potatoes too, you will want to try these Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes!
Potatoes are also nutritious and a great source of vitamins including vitamin C. They are the perfect potato side dish! This is a simple dish with simple ingredients, but it yields a big flavor! It is one of my favorite side dishes to make.
For this recipe, I used my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, but any air fryer will work well to make this side dish. If you love using your air fryer as much as we do, check out all of my gluten free air fryer recipes!
Why These Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes Are So Good:
- This simple side dish recipe is quick and easy to make. There is no fancy prep, just toss the potatoes in a bowl with oil and seasonings.
- The potatoes almost caramelize when they are cooked in the air fryer making them almost sweet.
- You can vary the seasonings so they can have a different flavor every time. I will share some of our favorites below.
- The air fryer is a delicious way to cook potatoes. They get a deep roasted flavor in half the time of baking!
- Fingerling potatoes - Fingerlings come in several colors including a golden almost Yukon color, red, and purple. You can use any you like.
- Oil - It is important when using the air fryer to use an oil with a high smoke point. I have a great guide on the best oils for air fryers with lots of tips.
- Italian seasonings - You can buy these already as a blend, or use a combination of dried basil, oregano, and thyme.
- Salt - I usually use sea salt, but kosher salt or pink Himalayan salt also taste great with potatoes.
Recipe Step By Step Directions:
Step 1: Fingerlings come in many sizes from small to large. If your fingerlings are large, I recommend cutting them in half before seasoning them. Check the potatoes for black spots and remove any that don't look good.
Place the washed fingerlings in a bowl. Pat them dry with a paper towel. You don't want any moisture.
Step 2: Add the oil, herbs, and salt to the bowl and toss to coat all of the potatoes.
Step 3: Spray the air fryer tray with oil and place potato halves or potatoes in the basket of the air fryer. Make sure there is space around the potatoes. You want the hot air can circulate around to roast the potatoes evenly.
Preheat the air fryer to 375º F.
Step 4: Set the cooking time to roast the potatoes for 10 minutes. Open the air fryer and flip the potatoes so the other side cooks. The best way to do this is with tongs.
Cook 5-7 additional minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the fingerling potatoes. You will know the potatoes are done cooking when you can insert a fork easily into a potato.
You will know the potatoes are done cooking when you can insert a fork easily into a potato.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of barbecue seasoning and salt. Trader Joe's has a good one and I also like Kinder's brand. Both are gluten free seasonings.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with fresh or dried cilantro and ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- Make them curry by sprinkling a teaspoon of curry powder and ½ teaspoon of turmeric.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Oven Baking Directions:
If you don't have an air fryer, you can easily bake the potatoes in your oven. Preheat your oven to 375º F. Prepare the potatoes the same way with the oil and seasonings. Bake for 35-40 minutes until done. The actual time will vary depending on the size of your fingerling potatoes.
Store the leftover potatoes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They will keep fresh for up to 4 days.
Serve Fingerlings With:
- Easy Oven Baked Hamburgers
- The Best Gluten Free Fried Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Burgers
- Grilled NY Strip Steak with Pesto Sauce
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Fingerlings:
- Wash the potatoes to remove any dirt. Be sure to dry the potatoes.
- If you want crispy potatoes, cut the fingerlings in half and soak them in water to remove the starch. You do not need to do this if you cook them whole as I did.
- Spray oil in the air fryer basket to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Don't overcrowd the potatoes in the air fryer basket.
Fingerlings are long little potatoes that are sort of shaped like fingers. They have thin skin and a sweet buttery flavor.
You can use other potatoes if you can't find fingerlings. I recommend Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes.
These air-fried fingerling potatoes will keep fresh for up to 4 days in an air-tight container in the fridge.
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try:
- Easy Air Fryer S'mores
- Italian Roasted Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Scallops with Garlic Dill Butter
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes With Chicken
Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- 20 ounces fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil * see note
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings * see note
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 375º F.
- Wash the fingerling potatoes and remove any with black spots or deep scars.
- Place the washed fingerlings in a large bowl. Pat them dry with a paper towel. You don't want any moisture.
- Add the oil, herbs, and salt to the bowl and toss to coat all of the potatoes.
- Spray the air fryer tray with oil and place potato halves or potatoes in the basket of the air fryer. Make sure there is space around the potatoes. You want the hot air can circulate around to roast the potatoes evenly.
- Set the cooking time to air fry the potatoes for 10 minutes. Open the air fryer and flip the potatoes so the other side cooks. I recommend using tongs.
- Cook for an 5-7 additional minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the fingerling potatoes. You will know the potatoes are done cooking when you can insert a fork easily into a potato.
- You will know the potatoes are done cooking when you can insert a fork easily into a potato.
- Be sure to use cooking oil with a high smoking point. You can read about the best oil to use in the air fryer for tips. I used avocado oil when I made this recipe.
- If you don't have premixed dry Italian seasonings, add 1 teaspoon dried basil, ½ teaspoon dried thyme, and ½ a teaspoon dried oregano to a small bowl and mix well. You can use fresh herbs if you like but dried add more flavor and keep moisture out better.
- These air fried fingerlings will keep fresh for up to 4 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free chocolate desserts e-cookbook!)