If you love pasta, this easy creamy gluten free fettuccine alfredo with optional peperoncini is a delicious meal for any pasta lover! This is just as mouthwateringly good as what you would in a restaurant!!
Garlic, cheese, ricotta, olive oil, and cream make this pasta dish perfect for a family-friendly meal. You will also want to try this gluten free alfredo sauce recipe sometime!
Okay y'all, I need to ask you where summer has gone? I just realized school starts back up in two weeks. Back to the hustle and bustle of busy weeks. Both kids are in high school and the homework loads are crazy high. Do your kids spend hours on homework too?
Well, you are in luck because this year I am going to get really organized with family dinners. Last year our family was lucky to be able to sit down together twice a week.
I want to make the most of that family time by creating easy dinner recipes that are ready in under 30 minutes. This creamy ricotta alfredo sauce makes the perfect family dinner.
For more quick and easy dinner ideas, you may like this easy Gluten Free Chicken Piccata recipe or this Gluten Free Beef Stir Fry recipe. This pasta dish is so simple!!
Why this recipe is so great:
This is a restaurant-quality dinner that the whole family will love. You can add shrimp, scallops, or chicken for some extra protein. My kids love this Cod Alfredo recipe too. If you need a quick and easy meal idea, this is definitely it!!
What goes into this recipe:
- Jovial Tagliatelle - These noodles are the closest things to real Italian noodles I have found. They hold onto the creamy alfredo sauce beautifully.
- Ricotta cheese - Ricotta adds to the creaminess of the sauce.
This creamy fettuccine alfredo is such a huge hit with the kids. I can see this becoming one of our family go-to dinners!
- Add broccoli, asparagus, or spinach for added nutrition.
- Omit the ricotta for a more authentic alfredo sauce.
- My kids love when I add pancetta or bacon!
Recipe step by step directions:
This pasta in a gluten free white sauce is so easy to make!!
Step 1: The first step is to chop up the garlic, basil, and pepperoncini (optional).
Heat a pan over medium heat and add oil, leeks (or onion), and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes until the leeks are soft. Feel free to omit the leeks if you prefer.
Step 2: Add ricotta cheese and mix in. I love using ricotta in my garlic cheese cream sauce because it makes the sauce thicker and it clings to the gluten free pasta really well!
Step 3: Add in fresh chopped basil and heavy cream and cook over medium-low heat. Stirring frequently. Cook your gluten free pasta as directed on the package.
Step 4: Add in the parmesan and turn the heat down to simmer. Stir frequently.
Step 5: Add in the cooked gluten free fettuccine or pasta to the cream sauce.
Step 6: Toss the pasta to coat in the garlic cream sauce and serve hot! My daughter makes a variation with a LOT of bacon. (It is pretty amazing so feel free to adapt this creamy garlic fettuccine recipe to add bacon.)
I used a gluten free fettuccine made by Jovial for this recipe. You can really use any pasta you like. Trader Joe's also carries a gluten free fresh pasta in their refrigerated section near the cheeses. (Just note the fresh pasta has a much shorter cook time than dry pasta!)
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can use any gluten free pasta in this gluten free fettuccine alfredo recipe.
There are so many different kinds of gluten free pasta and they are all made with different ingredients like rice, corn, and legumes. Cooking times will vary widely. I advise cooking your gluten free pasta according to the directions on the box you buy.
The short answer is yes, you can make it dairy-free. Silk makes a dairy-free heavy cream. I think coconut cream would add an off-flavor so I would not recommend that. VioLife makes a very good dairy-free parmesan cheese. Kite Hill makes a good dairy-free ricotta.
Are you ready to take this journey with me? Feel free to drop by my Facebook Group Gluten Free Recipe Share and let me know what you are making for dinner during the week! We can all get inspiration from each other!
More Gluten Sauces For Pasta:
- Savory Pasta Sauce with Meat
- Gluten Free Marinara Sauce
- How to Cook Gluten Free Pasta
- Ground Pork Pasta Sauce
Fettuccine with Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 1 box gluten free pasta * see note
- ½ cup heavy cream * see note
- ¼ cup parmesan * see note
- 1 cup ricotta
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 3 tablespoons leek
- 6 peperoncini sliced
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- In a sauce pan, add olive oil. Let it heat for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add leek and cook until softened.
- Add ricotta, salt, pepper, peperoncini, and cream. Sautee for 5 minutes, then add parmesan.
- Dump in cooked, drained pasta into the cream sauce. Mix to coat the pasta.
- Note, every brand of gluten free pasta is made of different ingredients like rice, corn, and even legumes. They all have different cooking times so I highly recommend cooking your pasta to the directions on the box you have.
- You can make this recipe dairy-free. I advise using Silk Heavy Cream, Kite Hill dairy-free ricotta, and VioLife parmesan cheese.
- The peperoncini, leeks/onions and ricotta are all optional. Leave them out if you prefer a more traditional fettuccine alfredo sauce.
- Fun swaps include adding broccoli, asparagus, shrimp, scallops, or chicken to add more protein and vegetables.
- This alfredo will keep 3-4 days in an air-tight container.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)