This is by far my favorite fall soup recipe. My creamy vegan butternut squash soup recipe is savory sweet with a hint of spice and pairs beautifully with a glass of Chardonnay.
You will love how quickly this soup comes together, making it perfect for a busy day. So, pull up a chair and a glass of wine and enjoy!
Is it beginning to feel like fall where you live? It’s still pretty warm where I live, but the best part is that our evenings are cooling off by six or seven most nights now. Fall is coming! Yay!
Fall also means falling back into football season, or, as Mr. Fearless Dining likes to say, “falling back on the couch!” (Though, if you do, he advised, make sure you are drinking Butter, the amazing chardonnay from JaM Cellars, and not the JaM Cabernet, because white wine spills are easier to hide from your spouse!)”
Another fall favorite is winter squash season. I know you can get winter squash year round, but these vegetables are in their prime sweetness during the fall and winter. Give me butternut, acorn, delicata, kabocha, or any winter squash and I am a happy girl.
Mr. Fearless Dining will proudly say it is finally the “end of mushy zucchini season”, which is always a good thing in his mind. Personally, I blame his mother for his acute hatred of all things summer squash!
This easy soup recipe is ready in under 20 minutes so you have more time to spend out of the kitchen with friends.”
There is something comforting about a hot bowl of soup in the fall. Add in a glass of JaM, and you have a perfect light meal. I hope you will agree that this is the best butternut soup recipe you have tried, it is that good!
Butter is a smooth, creamy chardonnay that is made to chill with. It melts in your mouth and is totally creamy-licious. JaM likes to say that “Everything’s Better with Butter!” And several awards prove it including a Gold medal, SF Chronicle Wine Competition Jan. 2017 and named “Impact Hot Brand” for 2016.
After being introduced to Butter and JaM Cab, I am a JaM fan because these wines are so easy to pair with foods. They make versatile wines that are all about fun. Open up a cold bottle of Butter and make a pot of this quick and easy creamy butternut squash soup.
This naturally gluten free butternut soup is also vegan and paleo so it is perfect for anyone who loves comfort food! My creamy butternut soup is full of ginger, nutmeg, and a splash of chipotle for a kick. If it’s too spicy for you, wash it down with Butter!
If white wines aren’t your thing, JaM has you covered with their easy to love cabernet! This JaM is berri-licious, fruit forward, making this cab our weeknight JaM.
How to make butternut squash soup:
To make this autumn squash soup quickly, I used a can of organic butternut squash puree. You can find this at your grocery store.
If you prefer to cook your own butternut squash, here are a few tips to roast butternut squash:
- Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the squash with olive oil (or coconut oil works too!) and put the halves of squash face up on a baking dish.
- Bake the squash at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until it is soft.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the cooked squash and add it to a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons (or more if needed) of water and beat until creamy. For this soup recipe, you don’t want your butternut squash puree to be too thick.
More Delicious Winter Squash Recipes to Try:
- 30 Minute Butternut Squash Chili
- Crispy Gluten Free Delicata Squash Fritters
- Vegan Red Kuri Squash Soup
- Butternut Squash Noodles with Brown Butter Sage Sauce
- 14 ounces butternut squash puree, (I used a canned organic butternut squash puree)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Add all ingredients except the cornstarch to a small pot and bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Add cornstarch and whisk to blend.
- Turn the heat down to low to simmer for 10 more minutes.
Enjoy with a glass of JaM Cellars Butter or Cabernet!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: g1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 270 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 284mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 4g
More Delicious Gluten Free Recipes to Try:
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.