These tender gluten free gingerbread Christmas donuts are a delicious holiday treat.
Drizzle a little icing to make them even better :-).
Tis the season for all things gingerbread and these bite-sized (okay maybe two or three bite) gluten free gingerbread donuts. They are a delicious snack everyone will enjoy.
Are you getting ready for the holidays? Here are the BEST gluten free donut recipes to take you through the holidays!
We aren’t…although I should preface that with an explanation. I love everything about the holidays, but our schedule has been so busy this year with the kids’ sports, that I haven’t had any time to really think about the holidays.
My biggest hope was that I would get November off from sports “schlepping” to do some planning. November has always been that month where there was a break.
I need to carve out some time to plan out what I want to make for the holiday season. (Like the plan to make this gluten free chocolate orange donut recipe too!)
While I am doing that, I hope you can enjoy these delicious gingerbread donuts :-). This donut recipe is easy to make so you can have donuts all of the time.
I am a big frosting and drizzle lover. If you don’t want the added sugar, these donuts have enough bold flavor to stand on their own. Feel free to eat these gingerbread Christmas donuts plain :-).
One thing I love about making mini donuts is how easy they are to make. I have been using this Babycakes Mini Donut Maker for a couple of years now and it is a huge time saver for me. Mix up a batter, pour it into each section. Close the lid.
Bam! Mini donuts only 3 minutes later.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
If you prefer, you can also bake these donuts in a donut pan in your oven 🙂 Just spray the pan with coconut oil so the edges get crispy.
How to make gluten free donuts:
Easy gluten free gingerbread mini donuts.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat the Babycakes mini donut maker
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spoon batter into each little donut hole section of the donut maker.
- Do not over fill. I fill until it is just slightly full.
- Close the lid and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and see if they are done.
- (If not, cook an additional minute.)
- Cool on a cooling rack, then top and eat.
More Donut Love
More Yummy Holiday Recipes to Try!