Tis the season for all things gingerbread :-). If you are looking for a fun bundt cake recipe for the holidays, you will love this gluten free gingerbread bund cake recipe for the holidays!
Moist with just the right amount of spice, this gluten free gingerbread cake is an easy cake recipe to add to your collection. If you love gingerbread as much as we do, check out more of my gluten free dessert recipes!
Click for Table of Contents:
If you haven't made a bundt cake in a while, it is time to dust off that fun-shaped pan for this recipe. I have made several delicious bundt cakes with my pan like:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemonade Icing
- Gluten Free Vanilla Bundt Cake with Raspberries
We love dessert and since Mr. Fearless Dining asked so nicely, I decided to make a gingerbread bundt cake for him. There is something about ginger and spices that he really loves. I hope you enjoy this holiday bundt cake recipe as much as he does!!
To make this gingerbread cake, you will need some basic ingredients.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend (I used King Arthur's Gluten Free Blend for this recipe, but Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend, Pamela's Baking Mix, and Authentic Foods MultiBlend all work wonderfully too!)
- Almond milk
- Brown sugar
- Spices: cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, salt
- Molasses (I like using Blackstrap)
- Baking powder and soda
This bundt cake is great as is, or you can make some easy substitutions to make it more allergy-friendly.
Modifications for food allergies:
- To make this gingerbread bundt cake dairy-free, substitute coconut oil for the butter, and use a dairy-free cream cheese like Kite Hill for the frosting.
- To make this cake refined sugar-free, substitute coconut sugar for the brown sugar.
- This cake is naturally nut-free unless you use Pamela's Baking Mix. That brand includes almond flour in their gluten free flour blend.
This gluten free bundt cake can be frozen if you want to make it ahead. I do recommend if you do freeze the cake, frost the cake when you defrost it!
Are you ready to make this gluten free gingerbread cake recipe for yourself? You are going to love it!!
The first step is to add your wet ingredients and spices to a mixer bowl. I haven't used my mixer in a long time...but I really do love it for whipping up cake batter. Mix on low, then gradually increase the speed to medium.
Slowly add in the gluten free flour half a cup at a time until all of the flour is all blended in. You can see the cake batter consistency in this picture
Pour the gingerbread cake batter into a greased bundt pan. I used coconut oil to grease the pan. It is a bit icky...I use a paper towel and dip it into the jar of coconut oil.
Spread it all around and be careful to get the oil into all of the creases of the pan. It works well to prevent sticking.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes until done.
Can this cake be made without a bundt pan?
Yes, you can do so much with this gluten free gingerbread bundt cake recipe! You can make a sheet cake, cupcakes, and even a cute layer cake with this gingerbread cake recipe.
How do you know when the bundt cake is done?
Stick a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes back with no batter or crumbs, the bundt cake is done.
Looking for more gluten free holiday recipes with gingerbread? Try one of our favorites:
- Easy Gluten Free Gingerbread Christmas Donuts
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Ginger Cookies with Candied Ginger
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Magic Bars
- A bundt cake pan if you want to make this as a bundt cake, or try making this recipe in these adorable layer cake pans.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn't contain Xanthan Gum, you will want to add 1 teaspoon!
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup molasses, (*I like Blackstrap)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk, (*or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a bundt or cake pan with coconut oil.
- In a mixer, add all of the wet ingredients and mix on low speed. Gradually increase the speed to medium until the wet ingredients are well mixed.
- Gradually add in the spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low speed.
- Add in the gluten free flour blend half a cup at a time. Keep the mixer speed on low so the flour doesn't fly out of the bowl.
- When the gingerbread cake batter is mixed, pour it into the cake pan.
- Use a spoon to spread the batter around evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Take a toothpick and stick it into the cake. If the toothpick comes back clean (no crumbs or batter), the cake is done.
- Add all of the frosting ingredients into a mixer and whip until thick and creamy. Pipe the frosting onto the cake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 3g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.