This recipe is for my cupcake fans. Wait until you take a bite of these gluten free vanilla cupcakes. They have a surprise inside! Top these with a creamy homemade chocolate frosting and you have a dessert that is sure to please everyone!
For the best gluten free cupcake recipes, check out my Gluten Free Cupcakes resource guide!!
Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
Cupcakes have been one of our favorite ways to enjoy dessert. I like them because they allow me to control the portion of sweets a little more. Put a big cake in front of me and I will eat way more than a cupcake amount!!
Do you ever feel this way? I seem to have no self-control when desserts are involved. Just take this Gluten Free Lemon Layer Cake recipe or this Gluten Free Carrot Cake recipe. I would want to cut my self a giant slice! And if you want to try something cool and different…give these Gluten Free Black Velvet Cupcakes a try!!
These cupcakes are made with simple ingredients, most of which you already have in your gluten free pantry.
If you truly love vanilla, you MUST give this Gluten Free Vanilla Cake a try. It makes a great birthday cake or even a wedding cake! Or, if you also love chocolate, you can also make these delicious Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes and serve both flavors!!
I decided to do things a little differently with these cupcakes…please know you don’t have to do this if you prefer a plain vanilla cupcake!
You can fill these with M&Ms or sprinkles to make a piñata cupcake…which is fun for birthday celebrations. (And no stick or blindfold needed!)
How Do You Fill A Cupcake?
The secret is in this little middle scooper. That is probably not the real name of this handy $4 gadget, but what an awesomely fun way to fill your cupcakes!
Grab chocolate, pudding, or your favorite jam! I scooped out the middles of these cupcakes and added a seedless raspberry jam.
See how fun it is to fill cupcakes? You will love how easy this gluten free vanilla cupcake recipe is to make!
What else can you fill these cupcakes with?
You can fill these gluten free vanilla cupcakes with jam, frosting, Nutella, whipped cream, or stick a fresh strawberry inside!
This gluten free cupcake batter can also make a sheet cake, or layer cake…it is very versatile! All you need are a few simple ingredients!
Shopping List for Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes:
- Gluten Free Flour Blend
- Vanilla Extract
- Non-Dairy Milk
- Butter or Coconut Oil
- Baking Powder/Salt
- An optional jam or another filling
This stuffed cupcakes recipe comes with three recipe variations. Gluten free, gluten free dairy free, and you can even make them refined sugar-free. Note if you use coconut sugar, these cupcakes will be golden if you use gold coconut sugar, or more brownish if you use regular coconut sugar!
How to make cupcake frosting:
It is really easy to make cupcake frosting from scratch! The secret is to make sure your butter is softened to room temperature so that your frosting turns out smooth. Add these ingredients to your mixer:
- Powdered Sugar
- Cocoa Powder (if you are making chocolate frosting)
- Milk or Water
Mix on low speed to start so you don’t have powdered sugar flying everywhere! Gradually increase the speed until your frosting is creamy!
More Delicious Gluten Free Cake Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Raspberries
- Gluten Free Orange Almond Cake
- Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake
- Gluten Free Creamy Apple Cake
Things You Need to Make This Amazing Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcake Recipe:
- One of these gluten free flour blends: Bob’s or Authentic Foods. (Both include Xanthan Gum, if your gluten free flour blend doesn’t, add 1 teaspoon.)
- A muffin pan to bake your cupcakes in.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour blend, (*add 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum if your blend doesn't contain it.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter , (or coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups non-dairy milk, You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons depending on the gluten free flour blend you use.
- Optional filling like jam, Nutella, etc.
- For Frosting
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk, You may need to add 1 tablespoon if your frosting is too thick.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a larger bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. You want the batter to be smooth, but not too runny.
- Add parchment paper cupcake/muffin liners to a muffin tin. Fill each 3/4 with the cupcake batter.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20-22 minutes until done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and put each cupcake onto a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- Take the middle scooper if you want to fill your cupcakes and remove the middle of each cupcake.
- Fill each cupcake with your preferred topping. (There is a list in the post, but ideas include jam, Nutella, M&Ms, etc).
- In a mixer, add frosting ingredients and whip until thick and creamy.
- Put the filling into a frosting pastry bag. Make sure to put the frosting tip in! Add frosting, including over the hole with the stuffing.
- Serve and enjoy!
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 376 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 240mg Carbohydrates: 58g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 43g Protein: 4g
More Delicious Gluten Free Cakes and Cupcake Recipes To Try: