Gluten free lemon tart is a smooth and creamy, sweet lemon dessert. Tangy lemon custard and a light and flaky gluten-free crust make this lemon tart recipe special!
If you love lemons, not only do I have an easy gluten-free lemon tart recipe for you to enjoy, but I am doing a pairing with this dessert wine as well. And if you are a lemon fanatic like we are, check out all of the best Gluten Free Lemon Desserts recipes!
It is finally summer!!
Time to kick back, and relax after a busy school year.
It is the season where we can now eat outside and enjoy the warm weather with friends and family.
You are going to love this easy gluten-free lemon tart recipe.
Lemons are in season and they are one of my favorite fruits to bake with. This homemade fresh lemon tart is just bursting with lemon flavor. Add in a delicious almond flour crust, and you are going to want this tart again and again.
If you love gluten-free tart recipes, you may want to check out this Gluten Free Chocolate Caramel Tart, this Gluten Free Vanilla Custard Caramel Apple Tart or this savory Gluten Free Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart.
(This post was sponsored by Gloria Ferrer, but all opinions are my own.)
When I was asked to try out a couple of wines by Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards, I knew it would be a great opportunity to create a dish around one of their wines.
When the box of wine finally arrived, I couldn’t wait to dive in and see what they sent to me. There was a bottle of 2012 Carneros Pinot Noir and a bottle of Blanc De Noirs sparkling wine.
I am typically a red wine type of girl, but something about the sparkling wine intrigued me. The Blanc De Noir is made from hand-harvested Pinot Noir grapes.
When I am planning what to make for guests, I put a lot of time into pairing dishes we cook with wines. I read the tasting notes for the Blanc De Noirs. It has notes of creamy cherry, lemon, and cola flavors…and it pairs well with semi-sweet desserts.
This gave me the perfect idea to use some fresh lemons from our tree to create a dessert that would highlight the flavors of this sparkling wine. I don’t know anyone that doesn’t love a good lemon tart recipe!
How To Make Gluten Free Lemon Tart:
To make the gluten-free crust, I mix all of the dry ingredients together. I then add the butter and cut it into the flour with a pastry blender.
Add the eggs and water and the dough should look like this photo above.
I press the gluten-free dough into the tart pan. It is important to press it into each curve of the pan’s edging.
Put the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, Blanc De Noir, and lemon juice into a saucepan and cook on low heat until it begins to thicken. Add heavy cream and cook on low for 3-4 more minutes.
More Delicious Lemon Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Lemon Layer Cake
- Gluten Free Lemon Sour Cream Cakes
- Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes with Lemonade Icing
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
Click here to see all of the tart recipes on this blog.
Things You Need To Make This Gluten Free Lemon Tart Recipe:
- My favorite gluten-free flour blend.
- Ultra-fine gluten-free almond flour.
- A good tart pan where the bottom pushes out so the tart is easy to remove.
Gluten Free Lemon Tart Recipe:
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick of butter, (1/2 cup)
- 5-6 tablespoons of water
- For Filling:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sparkling wine, optional
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add cold butter in chunks and use a pastry blender to combine the butter into the flour.
- The dough should look very grainy when you are finished.
- Add eggs and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Mix the dough.
- Continue to add the last 2-3 tablespoons of water, one at a time until the dough holds together.
- Spray a tart pan with coconut oil and put dough into pan.
- Use your fingers to press the dough down into the tart pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake tart crust for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and eggs and cook over low heat.
- Whisk to blend.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and Blanc De Noirs.
- Continue to whisk and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Add cream and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour filling onto the crust.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes until done.
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 386 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 100mg Sodium: 128mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 16g Protein: 8g
More Yummy Desserts to Try!