My easy Gluten free lemon tart recipe makes a smooth and creamy, sweet lemon dessert. Tangy lemon custard and a light and flaky gluten-free crust make this lemon tart recipe special!
If you love lemons, not only do I have a gluten free lemon tart recipe for you to enjoy. And if you are a lemon fanatic like we are, check out all of the best Gluten Free Lemon Desserts recipes!
It is finally summer!! Time to kick back, and relax after a busy school year. It is the season where we can now eat outside and enjoy the warm weather with friends and family. You are going to love this easy gluten free lemon tart recipe.
Lemons are in season all year long it seems and they are one of my favorite fruits to bake with. This homemade fresh lemon tart is just bursting with lemon flavor. Add in a delicious almond flour crust, and you are going to want this tart again and again.
Why this tart recipe is great:
Enjoy this sweet-tart lemon custard baked into a flaky gluten free crust. This gluten free lemon tart recipe is absolutely incredible, and it is so easy to make! You only need a few simple ingredients to make it.
And if you prefer a savory tart, give this easy gluten free asparagus goat cheese tart a try!
- Gluten free flour blend - I tested this recipe with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- Xanthan gum - If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Almond flour - I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your donuts grainy.
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: To make the gluten free crust, I mix all of the dry ingredients together. I then add the butter and cut it into the flour with a pastry blender.
Step 2: Add the eggs and water and the dough should look like this photo above.
Step 3: Press the gluten free dough into the tart pan. It is important to press it into each curve of the pan's edging. Pre-bake the crust separately for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Put the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, champagne, and lemon juice into a saucepan and cook on low heat until it begins to thicken. Add heavy cream and cook on low for 3-4 more minutes.
Step 5: Pour the lemon mixture into the crust. Bake your tart for an additional 20 minutes at 350º F. (Pre-baking is important so that your tart crust crisps.)
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can easily make this recipe nut-free by omitting the almond flour and adding an additional ½ cup of gluten free flour blend.
You can swap out the heavy cream and butter by using full-fat coconut milk and vegan stick butter.
You will know the tart is finished baking when it is slightly firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
This tart will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
More Delicious Lemon Dessert Recipes:
- Gluten Free Lemon Layer Cake
- Gluten Free Lemon Sour Cream Cakes
- Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes with Lemonade Icing
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
Click here to see all of the tart recipes on this blog.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Easy Gluten Free Lemon Tart
For the Crust:
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sparkling wine or champagne optional
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add cold butter in chunks and use a pastry blender to combine the butter into the flour.
- The dough should look very grainy when you are finished.
- Add eggs and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Mix the dough.
- Continue to add the last 2-3 tablespoons of water, one at a time until the dough holds together.
- Spray a tart pan with coconut oil and put dough into pan.
- Use your fingers to press the dough down into the tart pan.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Bake tart crust for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and eggs and cook over low heat.
- Whisk to blend.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and Blanc De Noirs.
- Continue to whisk and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Add cream and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour filling onto the crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes until done.
- I have tested this recipe with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your donuts grainy.
- You can make this recipe nut-free by omitting the almond flour and adding an additional ½ cup of the gluten free flour blend.
- You can test to see if it is finished baking by carefully touching the top. The top of the tart should feel slightly firm. Remove from the oven and allow cooling.
- This tart will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)