You are in for a treat because this Instant Pot Chicken Pasta recipe is so easy to make! This recipe is easy to make gluten free, just use gluten free penne pasta!
I used to be intimidated to make pasta in an Instant Pot, but this creamy Tuscan garlic chicken recipe was so easy to make. Gluten free pasta can be a challenge, but it worked beautifully in this recipe!
This post is going to be a lot of fun! Have you watched Chopped on the FoodNetwork? It is a fun cooking show where the contestants are given a basket of items. They need to create a delicious recipe with all of the ingredients in their basket.
(*This post was sponsored by Arla® Cream Cheese, but the content and opinions expressed are my own.)
If you love chicken as much as we do, you will want to check out ALL of my delicious Gluten Free Chicken Recipes.
My Challenge Basket
Ingredients in my challenge basket included:
- Arla cream cheese (more about this yummy stuff shortly!)
- Baby Spinach
- Roasted Red Peppers
I have been experimenting quite a bit with my Instant Pot lately. My biggest challenge has been to get gluten free pasta to stay firm and not turn to mush when cooking in a pressure cooker. Cooking pasta in an Instant Pot isn't easy. You want the pasta to be al dente.
If you love using your Instant Pot, try this gluten free taco pasta recipe too!
The hero of this recipe is the Arla cream cheese. It makes such a delicious creamy sauce for this pasta! Arla cream cheese doesn't only come in the Original plain flavor I used for this recipe, but there are also fun flavors like Blueberry, Strawberry, Herbs & Spices, Mediterranean Garden, and Skyr.
Arla's Original cream cheese is made with four simple ingredients that you can recognize: cream, skim milk, cream culture, and salt!
I used two packages of Original Arla Cream Cheese in this recipe.
The first step is to sauté the onions on the Sauté setting.
Next add one package of Arla Original cream cheese, the chicken breasts, red peppers, basil, ½ of the chicken broth, and seasonings.
When the chicken is done, depressurize your pressure cooker according to the directions. When it is done, open your Instant Pot. Add the spinach and stir. The leaves will wilt, but not fall apart.
Remove the chicken breasts and shred them with two forks. Add the chicken back into the pot. The chicken is so moist it will pretty much fall apart as you shred the chicken.
How to cook gluten free pasta in an Instant Pot
Now for the instant pot pasta trick. Now is when I add the uncooked gluten free pasta to the Instant Pot. I just dump it right in. Next, add the second package of Arla cream cheese, and the other half of the chicken broth.
Set the Instant Pot (or pressure cooker) to cook for just 5 minutes. That is all it takes. If you overcook the pasta in the pressure cooker, it will turn to mush.
When the pressure cooker is done, let the pressure release. Open the pressure cooker when it is totally depressurized and stir. Enjoy!
More Delicious Instant Pot Meal Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew
- Grandma's Chicken Soup Instant Pot Version
- Instant Pot Cabbage and Meatballs
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with Shredded Chicken
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves
- 14 ounces cream cheese plain flavor
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces gluten free pasta uncooked
- ¼ cup parmesan
- In the Instant Pot, add olive oil, garlic, and diced onion. Cook on Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, chicken, broth, water, 7 ounces of the cream cheese, and roasted red peppers. Close and lock the pressure cooker. Cook on poultry setting or 15 minutes.
- Safely release pressure per your pressure cooker brand's safety instructions.
- Open the pressure cooker and remove the chicken. Shred the chicken and put back into the pot. Add the uncooked pasta to the pot. Cook on manual 5 minutes.
- Safely depressurize the pressure cooker again. Add raw spinach leaves and last 7 ounces of cream cheese and mix well.
- Garnish with parmesan and more fresh basil
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)