These monster-sized gluten free M&M cookies are so big, one will fill you up unless you are cookie crazy like my kids :-). If you love M&Ms these gluten free cookies are for you.
One bite is all it takes to get hooked on these giant cookies. If you have vanilla ice cream, make ice cream sandwiches!! And as always, if you are new to gluten free living, here is a great article on Gluten Free Living. It includes tons of tips and tricks!
Click for Table of Contents:
Every treat tastes better when it is super-sized. Big portions are all the rage in our house right now. Why eat two little cookies when you can have one gigantic cookie?
These monster-sized cookies are so big, they are perfect to use for ice cream sandwiches."
Bonus, you won't have to worry about the sugar as much. These cookies are full of high protein almond flour to balance out the sugar :-). More yummy cookies with almond flour to add protein to try: Gluten Free Slivered Almond Peanut Butter Chip Cookies and these Grain-Free Almond Linzer Cookies.
I hope you love this gluten free M&M cookie recipe as much as my family did. The cookie dough is really easy to make, if you don't have M&Ms, you can use this batter to make gluten free chocolate chip cookies instead.
These also are perfect for a cookie exchange party, or any fun occasion. Here are even more delicious gluten free cookie recipes to try!
If you don't want to use M&Ms, there are so many other things you can add to these cookies! Customizing your cookies mean you get your perfect cookies every time! Here are some ideas for mix-ins:
- Dye-free M&Ms
- Walnuts, pecans, or other nuts
- Chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips)
- Dried fruits like cranberries or tart cherries
Are you ready to make these yummy cookies?
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
I have tested three gluten free flour blends in this recipe. I liked King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure, Nameste GF Flour, and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. This doesn't mean other blends won't work, I just haven't tested any others. Try to avoid flour blends that are high in starch.
As always, if your blend does not contain Xanthan Gum, you will need to add 1 teaspoon.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Mix in the M&Ms, or any mix-ins you like into the cookie dough. Use a large cookie scoop to drop cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until done. (Time depends on how large your cookies are.)
How do you make giant-sized cookies?
Making really big cookies is easy if you have a big cookie scoop. You can use a big ice cream scoop as well so your cookies are all uniformly sized.
Can you freeze these M&M cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these gluten free M&M cookies. To freeze them, make sure they are fully cooled and put them into a ziplock freezer bag. These cookies will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer if they last that long with your family :-).
Here are even more delicious gluten free cookie recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Hawaiian Shortbread Cookies
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter M&M Cookie Bars
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- A giant cookie scoop. I actually use an ice cream scoop for this cookie recipe because it makes sure your dough balls are BIG!
- Non-stick cookie sheets, or using parchment paper will keep your cookies from sticking.
- 1 1/4 cup Pamela's Baking Mix, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Add chocolate chips to the dry ingredients, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop large round dough balls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes until done.
- Remove cookies from cooking sheet onto a cooling rack.
Feel free to use any mix-in like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or raisins.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.
(*This recipe was updated from an older 4/2016 post.)