Get ready for a big surprise because this gluten free ground pork fried rice is an amazing dinner that the whole family will love. If you love fried rice, wait until you try it made with ground pork!!
This is an easy ground pork meal that pulls together quickly. If you love ground pork as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious ground pork recipes.
This dinner recipe happened by accident this week. I had a package of ground pork and a big container of cooked rice in the refrigerator that I needed to use up. Usually cooked rice disappears quickly but for some reason, it didn't this week.
In looking for other items that were in danger of going bad, I had some yellow squash and shiitake mushrooms. Mushrooms are often found in fried rice but yellow squash? Nope.
If you love Asian food, you will want to try this delicious Gluten Free Egg Roll In A Bowl recipe too!
Mr. Fearless Dining and my son were skeptical, but after a few bites, they declared this recipe a winner! If you have wanted to try making gluten free fried rice, here is your chance!
If you want to try another delicious kid-approved Asian take out style recipe, make this Gluten Free Beef and Broccoli or this Stir-Fry Tofu with Buckwheat Noodles.
Why this fried rice recipe is great:
This simple pork fried rice recipe uses just a few easy-to-find Asian sauces including tamari (gluten free soy sauce) or coconut aminos and black sesame oil. These are all naturally gluten free, but it is important to check the ingredients labels just as a back-up. You can make this delicious recipe in just 20 minutes!
- Ground pork - You can use any ground meat for this recipe if you don't have ground pork.
- Rice - For this recipe, you want to use short-grain rice, either white or brown. I have used Calrose and Jasmine rice pretty often in this recipe. I think white rice tastes better, but you can definitely use brown rice.
- Soy Sauce - Use gluten free soy sauce or tamari. Coconut aminos is another tasty option.
- Vegetables - I love adding veggies to this gluten free fried rice recipe. Use anything you have on-hand, including broccoli :-).
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: In a large pan, add a tablespoon of oil and heat for 2 minutes on medium heat. Next, add your ground pork and raw vegetables. Cook until the meat is brown and the vegetables are cooked.
Step 2: Add your cooked cold white rice.
Step 3: Add your sauce and mix well. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes until the rice is hot.
What Asian sauces are gluten free?
Let's talk about gluten free sauces. Many Asian sauces are not gluten free and it is very important to read labels when shopping for Asian sauces.
- Coconut aminos brands: Coconut Secret, Big Tree Farms, Thrive Market private label are all gluten free and easy to find.
- Tamari/gluten free soy sauce brands: San J, Eden Foods, Primal Kitchen, and Kikkoman all make a gluten free version of soy sauce. Just make sure it says gluten free on the label!
- Toasted sesame oil brands: Trader Joe's, Napa Valley Naturals, Eden Foods, and Kevala are all great gluten free choices.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
I used a large oversized frying pan to make this recipe. In hindsight, a wok would be better because it gets hotter and it also holds a lot more.
This rice will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
You can use hot rice, but the texture of the rice will be a little softer
More delicious gluten free pork recipes to try:
Enjoy!!! If you want to try another delicious gluten free Asian recipe, give this Gluten Free Tuna Vermicelli recipe a try!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Ground Pork Fried Rice
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 cups white rice cooked and chilled
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup scallions
- ½ cup zucchini
- ⅓ cup shiitake
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce tamari, or coconut aminos
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, add the oil, garlic, ground pork, and vegetables. Cook on medium heat until the meat is completely browned.
- Add the cold rice and mix it in.
- Pour in the tamari or gluten free soy sauce and toss so everything is coated.
- Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes until the rice is hot.
- If you would like to include egg in your fried rice, add 2 scrambled eggs and cook in the sesame oil before the ground pork and vegetables.
- Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.
- This rice will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, or up to 4 months in the freezer
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)