If you love sweet bread, you are in for a treat. This Gluten Free Zucchini Bread would make a delicious breakfast or snack.
Moist and delicious, this bread is a fantastic way to hide some veggies!
Did you grow up on sweet bread? I feel like we always had something sweet to enjoy. This easy recipe takes our traditional zucchini bread recipe and converts it to gluten free so we can continue to enjoy this loaf.
Gluten Free zucchini bread is so easy to make from scratch. Many people often wonder if they should peel the zucchini for this recipe. Definitely not! Those zucchini peels not only add fiber to this zucchini loaf, but it also adds beautiful specs of green :-). Which is awesome unless you have a child who had a green veggie radar!!
(Do you have a child like that? My daughter always knows and steers clear of anything green in my baking. If you are really skilled, you can hide vegetables in desserts like Gluten Free Butternut Squash Caramel Cake.)
The key to keeping the texture of this bread consistent, it is really important to grate your zucchini instead of just chopping it up. Here are three easy ways you can shred your zucchini. I took the lazy route and put a grater over a bowl and shredded the zucchini straight into my wet ingredients.
How to make Gluten Free Zucchini Bread:
Grate the zucchini and add it to the wet ingredients. Mix well so zucchini doesn’t clump up.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently. If you over mix the batter, your cake will be denser.
Here is the batter so you can see the consistency.
Spray coconut oil in a bread loaf tin and sprinkle coarse sugar on top. This recipe will make two loaves of zucchini bread.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Easy non-stick loaf pans.
- Gluten free almond flour to add a bit of protein.
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil in two loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, add wet ingredients (including shredded zucchini).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the two bread loaf tins.
- Optional, sprinkle course sugar on top of the loaves.
- Bake 40 minutes until done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 296 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 174mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 19g Protein: 5g
More Yummy Gluten Free Recipes to Try!