If you love cauliflower, take it to the next level by roasting your cauliflower whole. This easy roasted whole cauliflower recipe is so easy to make!
Add in a creamy alfredo sauce made from scratch, and you have an incredible dish.
Ways to cook a whole cauliflower:
Whole, not chopped up into pieces! Here are my favorite ways to cook a whole cauliflower:
- Bake it in the oven as I did.
- Toss the whole cauliflower head on the grill (see picture below).
- Cook it in a pressure cooker (though it won’t get crispy on the outside)
I had no idea how good a whole oven roasted cauliflower could be. I have seen them at restaurants and skipped right over them when they were on the menu.
I feel pretty silly now because OMG this roasted cauliflower recipe is not only tasty, but roasted whole cauliflowers are so easy to make. They can even be a part of a sheet pan dinner!
Toss a whole cauliflower in a pan and bake with your other dinner items! Add my easy creamy alfredo sauce recipe, and you have a delicious easy meal!
Mr. Fearless Dining reports that this baked whole cauliflower that we roasted and topped with my easy four ingredients homemade alfredo sauce is restaurant quality…better than anything he has tried. (And yes, Mr. Fearless Dining is the one who ALWAYS orders the roasted whole cauliflower off the menu!)
Just in case you thought I was kidding about the one pan dinner idea, this is how I cooked this gem. Side by side with a roast wrapped in bacon! If you love the one-pan meal idea, this easy Blackberry Tarragon Chicken Dinner is another dinner recipe to try.
You can see the beautiful crust that bakes into this baked cauliflower head. It is perfect for holding sauces.
I decided to make my kids’ favorite easy four-ingredient homemade alfredo sauce to top this roasted cauliflower recipe. This cauliflower would make a beautiful side dish for entertaining.
If you haven’t made an alfredo sauce from scratch yet, you will LOVE how easy this is to make. This sauce is so good on pasta, vegetables, baked potatoes, anywhere you could put a sauce. This alfredo sauce is even delicious on gluten free pizza instead of a red sauce!!
Are you ready to give this easy homemade alfredo sauce recipe a try?
Saute olive oil and garlic in a skillet.
Add heavy cream.
Add the parmesan cheese. Simmer until it boils gently. The sauce will thicken as it cooks.
This is the ultimate sauce for all of your cooking!! If you LOVE cauliflower, you should also try this Turmeric Lime Cauliflower recipe. Even my kids love it.
Fun toppings for a roasted whole cauliflower
- Try crispy fried shallots. You can make these by sautéing in a pan with some garlic and olive oil. It will get crispy and delicious!
- You can top your roasted cauliflower with a simple marinara sauce.
- Make an enchilada out of it with enchilada sauce (like Hatch gluten free brand’s) and add cheddar cheese on top!
For this recipe, I added some sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds and scallions and enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes with Alfredo Sauce:
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A roasting pan is definitely a plus for roasting. You can get one big enough to include other foods too!
- Use a basting brush to spread the olive oil onto the cauliflower evenly.
How to Roast a Whole Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large garlic clove, minced, or 2 small cloves
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash a cauliflower and cut off the leaves.
- Place in pan. Brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- In a saucepan, add oil and garlic. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream. Turn heat to low and simmer until it gently boils.
- Turn off heat and add parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the sauce over the roasted cauliflower. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and scallions. Eat hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g