Simple Alfredo sauce is so easy to make! If you love white cheese sauce, you will love this easy gluten free Alfredo sauce recipe.
My easy homemade Alfredo sauce is so much better than anything from a jar! It is made from simple ingredients, and none of those hard to pronounce chemical additives.
Gluten free alfredo sauce made from scratch is a popular sauce that kids love! This alfredo sauce is one of my favorite gluten free pasta sauce recipes. It has all of my favorite flavor profiles; garlic, olive oil, and parmesan.
When you're learning how to eat gluten free, this will be your go-to sauce for pasta, seafood, appetizers, and many other recipes using this sauce you can think of.
Why this sauce is great:
This tasty alfredo sauce is ready in just a few minutes and has only 4 simple ingredients. It is naturally gluten free, nut-free, and is vegetarian. It is the best pasta sauce recipe I have ever made and it is so versatile!
Many homemade alfredo recipes do not include garlic, but I love my garlic alfredo sauce version. The garlic just adds an extra zing of flavor to my recipes.
More importantly, use this handy pasta hack to make sure your pasta is perfectly al dente. Mushy gluten free pasta is horrible! I love this sauce on gluten free spaghetti!
This alfredo sauce is perfect with gluten free pasta!
If you are looking for a delicious vegetable option, drizzle the gluten free Alfredo sauce on a whole roasted cauliflower. It is so easy to roast a whole cauliflower. Does this make you think about all of the delicious recipes you can use this quick and easy gluten free Alfredo sauce with?
This sauce is also delicious in this Super Cheesy Zucchini Ribbon Lasagna Alfredo. My picky kids didn't even notice this lasagna had zucchini ribbons in place of lasagna noodles. Cheese can hide veggies perfectly!
What you need to make this recipe:
- Garlic - I like to use a garlic press to mince my garlic into tiny bits. Jarred garlic is okay, but the pieces of garlic are larger.
- Heavy cream - Use heavy whipping cream for this recipe. Half and half will not work.
- Basil - fresh or dried is fine.
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Simmer the olive oil with minced garlic over low heat for 2 minutes.
Step 2: Continue to simmer on low heat. Add the heavy cream and a splash more olive oil. This is such an easy kid-friendly sauce recipe, isn't it?
Step 3: Continue to simmer and add the parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to toss in some fresh basil if you like!
Recipes That Use Alfredo Sauce:
If you want to make an incredible gluten free fettuccine alfredo, give this Gluten Free Alaskan Cod Fettuccine Alfredo recipe a try. You can make it with or without the cod, but my fish-hating kids love it with the cod. How weird is that?
You can even use this as a delicious pizza sauce for this gluten free sourdough pizza crust!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Simple Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream * see note
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- fresh basil optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat olive oil for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add heavy cream and simmer 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in parmeasan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 2 minutes and drizzle on vegetables, or toss into cooked pasta.
- Feel free to use fresh basil or dried.
- You need to use heavy cream. Do not use half and half.
- This homemade Alfredo sauce is great on pasta, vegetables, as a pizza sauce, or for a white lasagna.
- This sauce will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator.