This gluten free zucchini lasagna alfredo recipe is sure to please even your pickiest family member. Even my husband, who hates zucchini, ate every bite of this dish :-).
Does your family love lasagna?
This deliciously easy vegetarian gluten free zucchini lasagna alfredo is an easy dinner recipe to try.
Our family loves to go to our local farmer’s market every Sunday. There is always something that inspires me to create a new recipe. This week, I found some organic zucchini at the market and they are the perfect width to use in a lasagna recipe. No noodles or pasta is needed to make this because the zucchini ribbons are perfect separators between the layers of gooey cheese.
Do you want to know a bonus to making this recipe?
Your kids will love it. This zucchini alfredo lasagna is kid friendly because the cheese hides the vegetables!
As you can see, this is a cheesy, creamy lasagna. I added mild Italian chicken sausage to our lasagna recipe. You can add sausage, or keep it meat free by adding spinach or other chopped vegetables instead for that layer. Try having a meatless Monday in your house to reduce meat consumption and focus on healthy eating as a family!
For more meatless recipe ideas, how about this Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese with Arugula and Strawberry Hot Pepper Sauce or Shiitake Mushrooms in a Balsamic Reduction over Polenta.
This casserole freezes really well if you want to make it ahead and enjoy it another day.
Easy gluten free zucchini ribbon lasagna alfredo recipe
- 3-4 wide zucchini sliced lengthwise in long ribbons
- 2 small or 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 links mild Italian chicken sausage chopped,
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the alfredo sauce: Add butter to a sauce pan and allow to melt over medium heat. Take peeled garlic bulb and with the flat part of a knife, hit the blade to crush the garlic bulb. Add to sauce pan. Allow garlic to cook in butter for 2 minutes. Slowly add cream, stirring until mixed in. Turn heat to low and simmer for another 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a casserole dish, spray olive oil along the sides.
- Place a layer of zucchini ribbons to cover the bottom.
- Add all ricotta and spread to cover the bottom on top of the zucchini.
- Pour 1/2 of the alfredo sauce over the ricotta.
- Add another layer of zucchini ribbons.
- Top this layer with chicken sausage and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the final layer of zucchini.
- Pour remaining alfredo sauce on top.
- Add last cup of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes until bubbly.
Here are More Delicious Recipes to Try!
Click here to see all of the vegetarian and vegan recipes on this blog.
Round out this meal with these recipe ideas:
Here is another cheesy dinner recipe to try. Sauted Chicken with Shishito Pepper Sauce over Cheesy Polenta.