This gluten free zucchini alfredo lasagna recipe is sure to please even your pickiest family member. Even my husband, who hates zucchini, ate every bite of this dish :-).
If you need more dinner inspiration, check out all of my delicious gluten free dinner recipes.
This deliciously easy vegetarian gluten free zucchini lasagna alfredo is an easy dinner recipe to try.
Our family loves to go to our local farmer's market every Sunday. There is always something that inspires me to create a new recipe. Check out this Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Homemade Alfredo Sauce!
This week, I found some organic zucchini at the market and they are the perfect width to use in a lasagna recipe. No noodles or pasta is needed to make this because the zucchini ribbons are perfect separators between the layers of gooey cheese.
Do you want to know a bonus for making this recipe? Your kids will eat it. This zucchini alfredo lasagna is kid-friendly because the cheese hides the vegetables!
As you can see, this is a cheesy, creamy lasagna. I added mild Italian chicken sausage to our lasagna recipe. You can add sausage, or keep it meat-free by adding spinach or other chopped vegetables instead for that layer.
🥗 Vegan meal ideas:
Try having a meatless Monday in your house to reduce meat consumption and focus on healthy eating as a family!
For more meatless recipe ideas, how about this Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese with Arugula and Strawberry Hot Pepper Sauce or this Vegetarian Mexican Casserole.
How to slice zucchini into noodles:
- Wash your zucchini.
- Place on a cutting board and cut off both ends.
- Use a knife to thinly slice lengthwise slices. A big zucchini should yield 7-8 zucchini noodles.
- You can also use a mandolin slicer. Use the grip that comes with it so you don't accidentally slice your finger!
More Delicious Recipes with Alfredo Sauce:
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Zucchini Ribbon Lasagna Alfredo
- 3-4 wide zucchini sliced lengthwise in long ribbons
- 2 small or 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 links mild Italian chicken sausage chopped,
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the alfredo sauce: Add butter to a sauce pan and allow to melt over medium heat. Take peeled garlic bulb and with the flat part of a knife, hit the blade to crush the garlic bulb. Add to sauce pan. Allow garlic to cook in butter for 2 minutes. Slowly add cream, stirring until mixed in. Turn heat to low and simmer for another 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a casserole dish, spray olive oil along the sides.
- Place a layer of zucchini ribbons to cover the bottom.
- Add all ricotta and spread to cover the bottom on top of the zucchini.
- Pour 1/2 of the alfredo sauce over the ricotta.
- Add another layer of zucchini ribbons.
- Top this layer with chicken sausage and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the final layer of zucchini.
- Pour remaining alfredo sauce on top.
- Add last cup of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes until bubbly.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)