This easy vermicelli salad with tuna is a delicious kid-friendly meal that is perfect in a lunch box. Tuna vermicelli noodle salad is a popular kid-friendly lunch that is healthy and delicious.
Are you tired of your kids trading away the healthy lunch you pack for them each day?
I have finally found the lunch that kids will want to hold on to! Noodles!
It took me a long time to come up with an idea that my kids would really like in their lunch boxes. Tuna is high protein, which is really important so our kids don’t crash in the middle of the school day.
This twist on a Vietnamese Vermicelli Noodle Salad is going to become one of your most popular kid-friendly recipes. Kids love noodles and this tuna salad is gluten free, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and egg-free making it safe for any child with food allergies.
I loved using healthy tuna because it is not only inexpensive, but it is so quick and easy to use. Also, I found some fun gluten free vermicelli noodles made out of mung beans at our local Asian grocery store.
These noodles get soft when cooked, but not mushy like some rice noodles can get.
To make this noodle salad is really easy.
This is the gluten free fish sauce brand I like to use when I make Asian sauces.
Add grated carrot, greens, cucumber, and purple cabbage to a large bowl. (Feel free to use any vegetables your kids would like.)
Add either a 5 ounce pouch or a can of Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna.
Mix in the sauce and noodles for an instant lunch box hit.
More Lunch Recipes to Try:
How to make vermicelli salad:
- 1 5 ounce pouch of Bumble Bee Premium Albacore Tuna in Water, you can also use a can
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups greens. I used Trader Joe's Microgreens
- 1 in package vermicelli noodles, cooked to instructions on label and cooledcold water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons gluten free fish sauce
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned gluten free rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the Bumble Bee Premium Albacore Tuna, vegetables, and chilled noodles.
- In a smal bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the sauce into the large bowl and toss all ingredients to coat.
- Serve with a lime wedge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 880mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 12g Protein: 14g
What are some of your favorite recipes for tuna fish?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.