Here are some of the best gluten free winter squash recipes that you need to try this fall! Delicious autumn squash recipes from breakfast all the way to dessert! Whether you are looking for savory or sweet ways to use winter squash, there is an option for everyone!
If you love squash as much as we do, you don't have to limit yourself. I have tons of yummy gluten free squash recipes on the blog for you to try.
Sweet and Savory Winter Squash Recipes
Do you love winter squash? It is one of my favorites because of the sweet earthy flavors! Let's not even get into how great these ideas are for hiding vegetables! Hopefully, your family will love choosing which of these winter squash recipes you make next.
If you are like me, you like to add nutrition to your baking. My kids can't tell some of these recipes have squash inside!!
And what better way to sneak in some nutrition than to add sweet winter squash to your baking and cooking? Squash cookies, cakes, and brownies! There are so many cooked squash recipes worth trying!
What are the different types of winter squash?
- Spaghetti Squash is a fun oval-shaped yellow squash. When this squash is cooked, the insides are fibrous. Run a fork over the flesh and it scrapes up looking like spaghetti. It makes a delicious paleo substitute for pasta!
- Butternut Squash is one of my favorites for dessert, as well as savory dishes. In the recipes below I go over several different cooking methods for this squash. Also, keep on the lookout for a cute heirloom variety called Honeynut Squash. I found it at Trader Joe's last year and it is all the rage! Check out the breakfast recipe with honeynut below!
- Acorn Squash is another versatile squash that works in both savory and sweet dishes!
- Kabocha Squash is a large squash that looks almost like a dark green pumpkin. It makes a beautiful centerpiece for a vegan Thanksgiving!
- Delicata Squash is another sweet, smaller squash that I have recently used to make delicious recipes with. You will never know this squash is the star ingredient in my gluten free brownies recipe!
- Kuri Squash is a funny pear-shaped red winter squash that occasionally shows up at our farmer's market. I think it is perfect for soups!
- Pumpkins...you all know this winter squash pretty well if you follow my blog. I love using pumpkin throughout the fall for both sweet and savory recipes!
The most famous of all winter squash, pumpkin is what you think of when you think winter squash. Here are some fabulous sweet and savory pumpkin recipes to try!
Butternut Squash Recipes
Easy gluten free butternut squash recipes.
Acorn Squash Recipes
Easy gluten free acorn squash recipes.
Kabocha Squash Recipes
Easy gluten free kabocha squash recipes.
Delicata Squash Recipes
These gluten free delicata squash recipes are a great way to hide squash in everyday recipes.
Kuri Squash Recipe
Red kuri squash recipe.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
Hope you enjoy these delicious winter squash recipes!! Which cooked squash recipe would you try first? Let me know what you think :-).