Here are some of the best gluten free winter squash recipes you need to try this fall! Delicious autumn squash recipes from breakfast all the way to dessert! Whether you are looking for savory or sweet ways to use winter squash, there is an option for everyone!
If you love squash as much as we do, you don't have to limit yourself. I have tons of yummy gluten free squash recipes on the blog for you to try.
Sweet and Savory Winter Squash Recipes
Do you love winter squash? It is one of my favorites because of the sweet earthy flavors! Let's not even consider how great these ideas are for hiding vegetables! Hopefully, your family will love choosing which of these winter squash recipes you make next.
If you are like me, you like to add nutrition to your baking. My kids can't tell if some of these recipes have squash inside!!
And what better way to sneak in some nutrition than to add sweet winter squash to your baking and cooking? Squash cookies, cakes, and brownies! There are so many cooked squash recipes worth trying!
What are the different types of winter squash?
- Spaghetti Squash is a fun oval-shaped yellow squash. When this squash is cooked, the insides are fibrous. Run a fork over the flesh, and it scrapes up, looking like spaghetti. It makes a delicious paleo substitute for pasta!
- Butternut Squash is one of my favorites for dessert and savory dishes. In the recipes below, I review several different cooking methods for this squash. Also, keep looking for a cute heirloom variety called Honeynut Squash. I found it at Trader Joe's last year and it is all the rage! Check out the breakfast recipe with honeynut below!
- Acorn Squash is another versatile squash that works in savory and sweet dishes!
- Kabocha Squash is a large squash that looks almost like a dark green pumpkin. It makes a beautiful centerpiece for a vegan Thanksgiving!
- Delicata Squash is another sweet, smaller squash that I have recently used to make delicious recipes. You will never know this squash is the star ingredient in my gluten free brownies recipe!
- Kuri Squash is a funny pear-shaped red winter squash that occasionally shows up at our farmer's market. I think it is perfect for soups!
- Pumpkins...you all know this winter squash pretty well if you follow my blog. I love using pumpkin throughout the fall for both sweet and savory recipes!
The Best Winter Squash Recipes:
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free lemon dessert e-cookbook!)