These roasted air fryer green beans are seasoned and cooked to perfection. They make a delicious gluten-free side dish the whole family will love in under 10 minutes.
If you love roasted vegetables, this air fryer roasted green beans recipe is going to become your favorite. They have a sweet fresh flavor that can't be beaten!
Use all green beans, yellow wax beans, or purple string beans in this recipe. I used a combination of all three, though the purple string beans turned green when they cooked.
Check out all of my delicious gluten free side dish recipes for even more inspiration.
If you are trying to decide on what air fryer to get, I have a great list of the best air fryers for gluten free. I include a great pros and cons list for each model.
Why Make This recipe:
- They cook so quickly in the air fryer. All you need is 10 minutes!
- Italian seasonings taste incredible with roasted green beans.
- All you need is 5 simple ingredients.
- Using the air fryer means you can use the oven for cooking other things. I love to air fry foods and have a lot of easy gluten free air fryer recipes!
- Green beans - As I mentioned above, you can use traditional green beans, or purple or yellow wax beans.
- Garlic powder - The majority of spices are gluten free, but I highly encourage you to always read the label just in case.
- Olive oil - I like to use virgin olive oil, but you can use regular or any light oil.
- Italian seasonings - I use a pre-blended mix, but you can make your own using ½ teaspoon of basil, thyme, and oregano.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Wash your green beans in cold water. Use a colander so the extra water runs out. Place the green beans on a cutting board and cut off the stems.
Step 2: Place the beans into a large bowl. Sprinkle on the Italian seasonings and salt. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
Step 3: Place the green beans into the air fryer. I used a Ninja Foodie Air Fryer and it had two compartments so I filled both so the green beans had more space.
Step 4: Cook the green beans at 375º F for 10 minutes.
Hint: If your air fryer is really full, open the air fryer at 8 minutes and use tongs to toss and stir the green beans so they cook evenly. Cook an additional 6-7 minutes.
You can still make this delicious dish if you don't have an air fryer! Preheat your oven to 400º F. Prepare the green beans the same way, but place them onto a sheet pan. Bake for 25 minutes until done.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can use frozen green beans in the air fryer, but they will turn out a bit mushier and will not roast and caramelize the same way. This is because of the extra water in frozen green beans.
This shouldn't be the case, and it mostly happens if the green beans were picked too late. They are more fibrous as they get older on the plant.
You can freeze these roasted green beans, but when you reheat them, the texture will be a bit different.
These green beans should keep fresh up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Store these green beans in an air-tight container in your refrigerator. To warm them up, you can heat them in the microwave or pan sauté them.
More delicious gluten free side dishes:
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Thyme and Garlic
- Kid-Friendly Ginger Peas
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Pan-Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Rutabagas
Air Fryer Green Beans with Italian Seasonings
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 375º F. for 5 minutes
- Wash your green beans in a colander.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the stems off the green beans.
- Add the green beans to a bowl and toss with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Add the green beans to the air fryer.
- Cook on 375º for 10 minutes until done.
- You can use green beans, yellow, or purple wax beans. I used a combination of all three.
- I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil. You can use any light oil in this recipe.
- If you don't have premixed Italian seasonings, you can make it by mixing ½ teaspoon each of dried basil, thyme, and oregano in a bowl.
- These roasted air fryer green beans will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Store them in an air-tight container.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Simplifying the art of baking and cooking gluten-free recipes.