This easy chicken legs recipe is not only a delicious meal, but it is a low-cost dinner as well!
If you love easy dinners, this classic chicken leg dinner was something my mother made a few times a month. It is quick to make and perfect for those busy school nights.
Why you will love this easy chicken drumstick recipe:
You are going to love this easy chicken drumstick recipe because it has simple ingredients and cooks together in just one pan.
That makes clean up a breeze! One thing I remember about this recipe growing up is that you can use any vegetables that you have in your refrigerator. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and whole30!
Another great bonus about chicken legs is that they cost a lot less than other parts of the chicken, even for organic! If you need to feed a crowd, this is a great way to do it.
(*And a bonus, you can use chicken thighs if you don’t have drumsticks on hand!) If you like bread with your meal, give these Gluten Free Cornmeal Fontina Scones a try!
Other Vegetables That Work In This Recipe:
- Sweet potatoes
- Green beans
- Red peppers
You can saute these chicken legs in your cast iron pan, or you can bake the chicken in your oven. Just put the cast iron pan of chicken and veggies into your oven. Make sure your baked chicken legs have an internal temperature of 165 degrees!
This is one of the easiest drumstick recipes to make.
More Ways to Cook Chicken Legs:
- Here are some great tips on how to bake chicken legs.
- Sautéing chicken legs is a great way to keep them moist and delicious.
- Barbecue chicken legs can be made in the oven or on a grill.
- You can also toss the chicken legs into a slow cooker or a pressure cooker!
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A large cast iron pan. This pan is perfect on the stove, or in the oven!
- This vegetable chopper makes cutting veggies a breeze!
Cooking chicken drumsticks is easy:
Saute the chicken legs in a cast iron skillet. I like to sauté using olive oil, but avocado oil works really well too.
I had to use my large 12 inch cast iron skillet to fit in all of the chicken legs. (My son loves leftovers so this big pot of chicken legs will last two days at the most!) It gets really heavy so I try not to move it around that much.
Add in the vegetables and continue to cook. After about 8 minutes, I flip the chicken legs and cover it with a lid.
- 6 drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- In a large cast iron skillet, add olive oil, garlic and onion. Saute until the onions become clear.
- Add chicken legs and seasonings, and saute 8 minutes on each side.
- Pour in chicken broth and add vegetables.
- Continue to cook in the pan, or move the pan to the oven and bake at 375. (You can cook these either way!)
- The chicken legs are done when their internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 202 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 91mg Sodium: 486mg Carbohydrates: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 22g
More Delicious Gluten Free Recipes To Try!