This Spooky Turmeric Candy will be fun to display on the dessert table! The creaminess of the white chocolate blends with the turmeric into surprisingly delicious candy.
Halloween is sneaking up on us, and I am starting to put together my plan for our party. I am not sure if Mr. Fearless Dining will wear a costume, but we are really excited to celebrate.
If you love white chocolate, you will love this white chocolate turmeric candy recipe. My kids had NO idea there was something healthy hidden inside! (Shhhh!) I also include a dairy-free option to make this fun treat vegan as well!
Another fun spooky treat is these Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes. My kids had way too much fun with the decorating of those cupcakes!
If you love candy as much as we do, check out all of my gluten free candy recipes.
This monster white chocolate bark is extra fun with these googly eyes. (I found the eyes in the baking section at our local grocery store.) See further below for more ways to decorate this homemade chocolate bark.
Turmeric as a food dye:
If you love white chocolate bark, this version with a bit of superfood turmeric will surprise you. I love using real food to change the color of foods. Turmeric is perfect for this, though be careful, or your fingers will be yellow for a day or two!
It is fun how unusual things can color our food. Check out this Gluten Free Black Velvet Cupcake recipe where charcoal and black cocoa make the cupcakes jet black.
- Googly eyes and bubble candy are totally optional.
- If it isn't Halloween, you can add nuts, raisins, or your favorite mix-ins to customize this chocolate bark recipe to be your own!
White Chocolate Melting Tips:
- Melt the white chocolate in a double broiler over the stove.
- You can also melt the white chocolate in the microwave. If you microwave the white chocolate chips, only heat for 30 seconds at a time. White chocolate is very easy to burn, so microwave this in spurts. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the white chocolate is melted.
Spread out the melted chocolate mixture on a piece of wax paper.
🔑 Sandi says: Have some fun while the chocolate is melted. (*NOTE if adding nuts and other mix-ins, add when the chocolate is melted in the bowl. If you are decorating the bark and want your mix-ins on top, add after the melted chocolate is spread out.
Can you make this turmeric candy vegan?
To make this easy homemade Halloween candy vegan use Enjoy Life brand white chocolate. Try these dairy-free white chocolate melting pieces.
Does turmeric make this candy spicy?
Turmeric does not add any spice to this candy. Very little turmeric is used to color the white chocolate.
See What Halloween Candy Is Gluten Free:
White Chocolate Turmeric Candy
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Googly eyes and sprinkles
- Pour the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Add turmeric and mix well.
- Spread melted chocolate onto a piece of wax paper. Top with candy eyes, sprinkles, nuts, etc.
- Place the tray into the freezer to set. Break into pieces and enjoy.
- To prevent burning, microwave in 20-30 second increments and stir between each increment.
- Add sprinkles, googly eyes, or any fun colorful topping.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an old September 2017 post with more recipe details.
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!