Halloween is sneaking up on us and I am starting to put together my plan for our party. I am not sure if Mr. Fearless Dining will wear a costume, but we are really excited to celebrate.
This Spooky Turmeric White Chocolate Bark will be fun to display on the dessert table! The creaminess of the white chocolate blends with the turmeric into a surprisingly delicious candy.
I also include a dairy free option to make this fun treat vegan as well!
If you love white chocolate, you will love this white chocolate turmeric bark. My kids had NO idea there was something healthy hidden inside! (Shhhh!)
Another fun spooky treat is these Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes. My kids had waaay to much fun with the decorating of those cupcakes!
This monster white chocolate bark is extra fun with these googly eyes. (I found the eyes at our local grocery store in the baking section.) See further below for more ways to decorate this homemade chocolate bark.
Turmeric as Food Dye
If you love white chocolate bark, this version with a bit of superfood turmeric will surprise you. I love using real food to change the color of foods. Turmeric is perfect for this, though be careful or your fingers will be yellow for a day or two!
I have been trying to sneak turmeric into more of my cooking lately. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and apparently, our family needs a lot of this. Sports injuries seem to be plaguing our family lately so I am hopeful that the extra turmeric will encourage speedy healing so we can have that big Halloween party!
If you love bark recipes, this easy Chocolate Cherry and Macadamia Bark is also a delicious candy to try. You can make it in under 5 minutes!
Mix-Ins For Chocolate Bark
One thing I love about this candy bark recipe is that you only need two ingredients. White chocolate and turmeric. Googly eyes and bubble candy are totally optional. If it isn’t Halloween, you can add nuts, raisins, or your favorite mix-ins to customize this chocolate bark recipe to be your own!
White Chocolate Melting Tips
- If it isn’t Halloween, you can add nuts, raisins, or your favorite mix-ins to customize this chocolate bark recipe to be your own!
- You can melt your white chocolate in a double broiler over the stove, or microwave it.
- If you microwave the white chocolate chips, only heat for 30 seconds at a time. White chocolate is very easy to burn so microwave this in spurts. Heat for 30 seconds and stir, repeat until the white chocolate is melted.
White Chocolate Vegan Option:
To make this easy homemade Halloween candy vegan, try these dairy-free white chocolate melting pieces.
Spread out the melted chocolate mixture on a piece of wax paper.
Have some fun while the chocolate is melted. (*NOTE if adding nuts and other mix-ins, add when the chocolate is melted in the bowl. If you are decorating the bark and want your mix-ins on top, add after the melted chocolate is spread out.
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Pour the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Add turmeric and mix well.
- Spread melted chocolate onto a piece of wax paper. Top with candy eyes, sprinkles, nuts, etc.
- Place the tray into the freezer to set. Break into pieces and enjoy.
See tips section to ensure you don't burn the chocolate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 141 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 23mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g