These gluten free baked cannoli bites are a great handheld dessert that are great for entertaining. You will love that these little-baked cannoli cups are baked, and not fried. It makes them much healthier.
Since going gluten-free, the one thing I have missed has been cannoli. It is flaky, crunchy, and just plain delicious. These baked cannoli bites are delicious and easy to make.
Some of that crunch comes from frying the cannoli in oil. I have tried to re-create cannoli several times, but I wanted to try to make a healthier version that didn’t need to be fried in oil.
I hope you will like these baked cannoli shells…trust me that it is much healthier than frying!
Roll out the dough and use a round cookie cutter to shape the dough.
The colder the dough, the easier it is to work with.
Press each circle into a mini muffin tin. Push in the middle to make cups. Bake until they are crispy and hard. Allow cooling fully before adding the cannoli filling.
I put the gluten free cannoli bites onto a rack and spooned in the mascarpone filling.
Top with sprinkles, or even dip the cannoli cups in dark chocolate…the sky is the limit with this dessert.
More Delicious Party Foods to Try:
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need to Make This Recipe:
- Mini muffin pan. This has enough sections to make this whole batch in one baking.
- Rolling pin. That is a given to make the pastry flat…this one is dishwasher safe, which makes clean up a breeze!
How to make gluten free cannoli cups:
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- For Filling:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add cold butter and cut in with a pastry blender.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until it looks like large crumbs.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out small circles.
- Press dough cut outs into mini muffin tin. Press center down with fingers to make bowls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until done.
- Move to cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Mix mascarpone cheese with sugar and cardamom.
- Use a spoon to fill each cup with mascarpone filling.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Spoon fill
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 105 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 37mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g
More Yummy Recipe Ideas to Make!