If you love lime flavor, this creamy no-bake gluten free key lime pie recipe is really easy to make. It has a sweet gluten free graham cracker crust, and you can whip it up in just minutes. You can either chill or freeze this pie.
You are going to love the sweet-tart flavors of this simple no-bake gluten free key lime pie. This decadent pie is perfect to make in the summer when it is too hot to bake! It is a family favorite here in our home, I hope you love it as much as we do! If you can't find key limes, regular limes work beautifully as well.
Why This Gluten Free Key Lime Pie Is Amazing:
- This delicious gluten free key lime pie recipe is made with simple, easy-to-find ingredients. You can find them at any local grocery store.
- You can adjust the sweetness and tartness easily to get the perfect flavor combination.
- Use gluten free graham crackers or gluten free cookies for the crust. You can also make it crustless if you make it in jars instead of a whole pie!
- This really is the best recipe and you can enjoy this pie chilled or frozen. It is a delicious dessert either way!
- This pie takes minimal effort but tastes like it has the perfect balance of flavors. It will be the hit of any summer family gatherings.
If you love no-bake pies, you need to try my No-Bake Gluten Free Nutella Cheesecake too!
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers - There are several brands, any will work well. I do recommend not using cinnamon flavored.
- Nut Flour - This can be omitted and use more graham crackers if you are nut-free. I used hazelnut flour but almond flour is also great.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter.
- Cream Cheese - I used full-fat cream cheese. This helps give the pie its creamy texture I have not tested using the low-fat or vegan cream cheese brands. Be sure your cream cheese is room temperature. Be sure to check that your cream cheese is gluten free.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - You can use either regular condensed milk or coconut condensed milk in this gluten free key lime pie recipe. (Note coconut condensed milk is made with coconut milk and has a slightly different flavor.)
- Limes - Use key limes if you can find them or ordinary limes. Sometimes it is hard to find fresh key limes. Bottled lime or key lime juice is also okay, but you will get more flavor when you can use key lime zest too.
Recipe Step By Step Ingredients:
Step 1: The first step is to crush your graham crackers. For best results, you can do this in two different ways.
First, you can crush them in a food processor. Place the graham crackers into the food processor and grind them until they are finely chopped. Second, place the graham crackers in a zipper bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs.
You can also buy gluten free graham cracker crumbs.
Step 2: Pour the graham cracker crumbs into a large mixing bowl. Melt your butter in a microwave-safe dish. Pour the melted butter into the crumbs and mix well to coat the crumbs in the butter.
Step 3: Pour the crumb mixture into a greased pie pan. You can use a regular pie pan or a disposable one. Note I used spray coconut oil in my pan.
Step 4: Use a large spoon or a flat bottom glass to press the crumbs down into the pie pan. Be sure you can't see the bottom of the pan anywhere.
Step 5: To make the key lime filling, place the softened cream cheese and all of the pie filling ingredients into the bowl of a standing mixer. Use the whisk attachment to whip the ingredients together until they are creamy.
Step 6: Pour the pie filling into the gluten free graham cracker crust. Use a spoon to spread the filling around to make sure it is evenly disbursed.
Step 7: Cover the top of the pie loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place the pie into the refrigerator for 3 hours to chill. You can also freeze the pie if you prefer a frozen dessert. Garnish with whipped cream or lime slices.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can easily freeze this key lime pie. Cover the pie and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
This no-bake key lime pie will keep fresh for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. you should keep it covered so it doesn't dry out.
Oooh, you can make these no-bake key lime pie in mason jars. Just sprinkle crust mixture into each jar and then spoon the key lime pie filling into the jars.
I have not tested this recipe with any dairy-free ingredients except coconut condensed milk. Vegan butter would work well in the crust, but I am not sure about vegan cream cheese. If you test using it, please come back and let us know how it worked.
More Gluten Free Pie Recipes:
- The Best Gluten Free Apple Pie
- Easy Gluten Free Mixed Berry Pie
- Old-Fashioned Gluten Free Blueberry Pie
- Creamy Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
No-Bake Gluten Free Key Lime Pie
Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 ½ cups gluten free graham crackers
- ½ cup almond flour * see note for nut-free
- 6 tablespoons butter melted, unsalted
No-Bake Key Lime Pie Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese * see note
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup lime juice * see note
- 1 tablespoon lime zest Note you can use more if you like.
- Place the gluten free graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until you have small crumbs. If you do not have a food processor, you can put the graham crackers in a zipper bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Pour it over the graham cracker crumb mixture. Mix well.
- Spray a pie tin with coconut oil. Pour the crust mixture in the pie pan and press to cover the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add the softened cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice, sugar, and zest. Use the whisk attachment. You can also use a hand held electric mixer if you prefer
- Whip the lime mixture until it is smooth. Pour the filling into the crust. Spread the filling out so that it is covering the crust.
- Cover loosely with tin foil and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- I used full-fat cream cheese to make this recipe. I haven't tested low-fat or dairy-free cream cheeses.
- If you can't find key limes, you can use regular limes.
- If you want to make this recipe nut-free, omit the almond flour and add the equivalent amount of additional gluten free graham cracker crumbs.
- This pie will keep fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free strawberry desserts e-cookbook!)