These creamy gluten free lemon sour cream cakes are light and fluffy, and full of fresh lemon flavors. Just like a souffle. Dip a fork in and savor every bite as it melts in your mouth!
If you love lemon as much as we do, you will want to check out all of the delicious Gluten Free Lemon Desserts on the blog!
You are going to love these delicious moist gluten free lemon sour cream souffle cakes.
Many ask if sour cream is gluten free. I haven’t seen any brand add flour to sour cream, but given some odd things I have seen over the years, definitely read the labels just to make sure!”
Our lemon tree is full of lemons again. If you have read my blog for some time, you will know how much of a struggle it is to use up fresh lemons. All of our neighbor’s trees are also full, so it is hard to find people to give lemons to. If we don’t pick them fast enough, the lemons get so heavy branches break off. If you missed these stories, check out this Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake or Gluten Free Lemon Donuts recipe.
These little lemon cakes hover somewhere between a gluten free pound cake and a souffle. I guess that is mostly because they are buttery and moist like a pound cake, but they also have a lot of fluffy characteristics of a souffle.
Making this gluten free lemon sour cream cake recipe is so easy. Mix up your lemon cake batter, then gently fold in the whipped egg whites. These cakes rise up like souffles when you bake them, but surprisingly, they don’t fall too far down as they cool. Allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar, or top with a fruit sauce like this delicious Olallieberry Sauce.
Souffles are like clouds. They puff way up as they bake, then slowly fall back down as they cool.
You can even check out how fun souffles can be savory too! This recipe for Gluten Free Broccoli Cheese Souffles has really easy to follow directions on how to make a souffle! You can also try this dairy free Pumpkin Spice Souffle, which is perfect for fall.
You are going to LOVE how easy this gluten free lemon souffle recipe is to make. (Just keep your kids out of your kitchen until after you photograph them!!)
How to make gluten free sour cream cakes:
Whip up your egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
Pour the egg whites into the lemon batter.
Fold the egg white in gently to keep these light and fluffy!
These gluten free lemon fruitcakes are perfect every time!
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need to Make This Lemon Sour Cream Poundcake Recipe:
- Electric mixer to whip your egg whites.
- Ramekins to fill with the lemon batter.
- Lemons, preferably from our tree :-).
- You can also make this lemon sour cream cake recipe in a bundt pan for a large cake.
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- dash salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and flour and whisk to blend.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk egg yolks with the butter.
- In a medium sized bowl, add milk, sour cream, lemon juice and zest. Whisk.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the egg yolk mixture and whisk.
- In another medium sized bowl, add egg whites. Mix on high speed until they form stiff white peaks. Gently fold this into the lemon mixture.
- Spray ramekins with coconut oil. Pour batter into each ramekin.
- Fill a baking dish with hot water about 1 inch deep. This will prevent the cakes from cracking. Add the ramekins to this dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check them. Mine cooked in 24 minutes. When done, remove carefully from the oven so you don't spill the hot water.
- Cool then dust with powdered sugar, or top with fruit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 225 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 94mg Sodium: 82mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 4g
More Yummy Gluten Free Desserts to Try!