If you love easy breakfast recipes, it doesn’t get much easier than this light and fluffy tri-colored pepper gluten free frittata. This vegetable frittata is full of fresh delicious vegetables like red, yellow, and orange peppers, corn, leeks, and cilantro.
Talk about the best brunch, this year we are going to have this fresh tri-colored pepper, corn and leek veggie gluten free frittata. It is something the whole family will enjoy. Feel free to use your favorite vegetables in this classic frittata recipe to make it your own :-).
How to Make Light and Fluffy Stovetop Frittatas
It is so easy to make this light and fluffy egg frittata recipe.
- The secret I have found is to not skimp on the dairy. Full fat fluffs this frittata up like a souffle. It is hard to tell from my pictures, but when I took this frittata out of the oven, it was a good inch over the edge of the skillet! How cool is that?
- Another secret is to whisk the egg mixture to allow lots of air to get in. This air helps the frittata puff up :-).
- I make my frittatas in a cast iron skillet so I can go from cooking the eggs and vegetables on the stove, straight into the oven.
You will find frittatas to be very similar to an omelet, but frittatas are easier for me because I don’t have to flip the egg over onto the filling.
This is the first Mother’s Day that I will be home to celebrate in YEARS. That probably sounds really weird to you, but every year there is a huge volleyball tournament over Mother’s Day. (Who the heck does that?) Well, this year she isn’t playing in this tournament. We get to celebrate together as a family!!!
Even better, I don’t have to get up at 5:00 am, drive to the boonies, and eat a protein bar for breakfast.
Being a volleyball mom may be a LOT, but I know everything I do is appreciated. Last year she made me a giant poster last year…just don’t read the cussing in the car part!! (My birthday is within a few days of Mother’s Day, so I get twice the appreciation LOL.)
Have you seen JaM Cellars Butter Chardonnay yet? It is a wine you need to try next. It is perfect for Mother’s Day, brunch, or anytime! JaM is made by second-generation Napa Valley vintners John and Michele are the “J” and the “M” in JaM Cellars. They made these wines in a style they love to enjoy with their friends any day of the week. You can find JaM in not only Butter Chardonnay, but JaM Cabernet and Toast Sparkling too. A JaM for every occasion!
And don’t expect any boring stuff over at JaM! “We take our wines seriously; we just don’t take ourselves seriously!” – JaM Cellars.
I am ready to JaM into a cool glass of Butter and enjoy a real breakfast!
How to make a healthy frittata:
Cook your vegetables first. It helps them release their water and allows the flavors to blend together.
Add the eggs, cream, and cilantro.
Cooking Tip: Add your seasoning now in the raw egg mixture so that it blends throughout the egg evenly.
Pour the egg mixture into the vegetables. I am so excited I get to share this healthy frittata recipe with you!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 cup leeks
- 1/3 cup red, yellow, and orange pepper
- 1/3 cup raw corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks, corn and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, cream, cilantro, cheese, and seasoning.
- Turn off the stove and move the cast iron skillet to the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes until it raises up and gets puffy.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 195 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 268mg Sodium: 222mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 10g
More Yummy Recipes to Try for Mother’s Day!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.