If you love easy breakfast recipes, it doesn't get much easier than this light and fluffy tri-colored pepper gluten free frittata. This vegetable frittata is full of fresh delicious vegetables like red, yellow, and orange peppers, corn, leeks, and cilantro.
Breakfast is one of our favorite meals of the day. Here are more delicious gluten free breakfast recipes to check out.
Click for Table of Contents:
Talk about the best brunch, this year we are going to have this fresh tri-colored pepper, corn and leek veggie gluten free frittata. It is something the whole family will enjoy. Feel free to use your favorite vegetables in this classic frittata recipe to make it your own :-).
If you love egg dishes for breakfast, don't forget to check out this Mexican Shakshuka or this easy Butternut Squash Egg Cup recipe.
You will find a frittata to be very similar to an omelet, but frittatas are easier for me because I don't have to flip the egg over onto the filling.
If you are serving this gluten free frittata recipe for brunch, it pairs beautifully with the creamy butter flavors of chardonnay.
Why this recipe is great:
If you are looking for a simple fluffy frittata recipe, this is the best recipe. You only need a few simple ingredients and this breakfast recipe cooks in about 20 minutes!
Customize it by adding your favorite ingredients like bacon, sausage, onion, and more.
What you need to make this recipe:
- Leeks - I like leeks because they are more mild than onion, but you can also use onion.
- Bell peppers - Feel free to use any color of bell pepper.
- Heavy cream - I do not advise using half and half.
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Cook your vegetables first. It helps them release their water and allows the flavors to blend together.
Step 2: Add the eggs, cream, and cilantro to a large bowl and whisk well.
Step 3: Pour the egg mixture into the vegetables and cook for 8 minutes. Put shredded cheese on top and place under a broiler for 2-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
It is so easy to make this light and fluffy egg frittata recipe.
- The secret I have found is to not skimp on the dairy. Full fat fluffs this frittata up like a souffle. It is hard to tell from my pictures, but when I took this frittata out of the oven, it was a good inch over the edge of the skillet! How cool is that?
- Another secret is to whisk the egg mixture to allow lots of air to get in. This air helps the frittata puff up :-).
- I make my frittatas in a cast-iron skillet so I can go from cooking the eggs and vegetables on the stove, straight into the oven.
Cooking Tip: Add your seasoning now in the raw egg mixture so that it blends throughout the egg evenly.
The sky is the limit when adding your favorite vegetables in this frittata recipe. Spinach, broccoli, kale, mushrooms...add the vegetables you have on-hand :-).
You can easily make this frittata recipe dairy-free by using non-dairy milk like almond milk. Some non-dairy milk contains vanilla and sugar so make sure to use an unsweetened flavor or it may not go well flavor-wise.
This frittata will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
I am so excited I get to share this gluten free frittata recipe with you!
More delicious breakfast recipes:
- The whole family will love this Ground Turkey Chili Shakshuka recipe.
- If you have some time, this Gluten Free Cheese Danish recipe is so worth making!
- Everyone will love these homemade Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes for breakfast.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Bell Pepper Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 cup leeks
- 1/3 cup red * see note
- 1/3 cup raw corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks, corn and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, cream, cilantro, cheese, and seasoning.
- Turn off the stove and move the cast iron skillet to the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes until it raises up and gets puffy.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- This gluten free frittata can be customized to use all of your favorite mix-ins like bacon, sausage, tomato, any vegetables you have on-hand.
- I do not recommend using half and half.
- This frittata will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
(*This post was updated from an older 5/2017 post.)