If you love easy breakfast recipes, it doesn't get much easier than this light and fluffy tri-colored pepper gluten free frittata. This vegetable frittata is full of fresh delicious vegetables like red, yellow, and orange peppers, corn, leeks, and cilantro.
Breakfast is one of our favorite meals of the day. Here are more delicious gluten free breakfast recipes to check out.
Click for Table of Contents:
Talk about the best brunch, this year we are going to have this fresh tri-colored pepper, corn and leek veggie gluten free frittata. It is something the whole family will enjoy. Feel free to use your favorite vegetables in this classic frittata recipe to make it your own :-).
Top Tips For Fluffy Frittatas:
It is so easy to make this light and fluffy egg frittata recipe.
- The secret I have found is to not skimp on the dairy. Full fat fluffs this frittata up like a souffle. It is hard to tell from my pictures, but when I took this frittata out of the oven, it was a good inch over the edge of the skillet! How cool is that?
- Another secret is to whisk the egg mixture to allow lots of air to get in. This air helps the frittata puff up :-).
- I make my frittatas in a cast-iron skillet so I can go from cooking the eggs and vegetables on the stove, straight into the oven.
You will find a frittata to be very similar to an omelet, but frittatas are easier for me because I don't have to flip the egg over onto the filling.
This is the first Mother's Day that I will be home to celebrate in YEARS. That probably sounds really weird to you, but every year there is a huge volleyball tournament over Mother's Day. (Who the heck does that?) Well, this year she isn't playing in this tournament. We get to celebrate together as a family!!!
Even better, I don't have to get up at 5:00 am, drive to the boonies, and eat a protein bar for breakfast.
Being a volleyball mom maybe a LOT, but I know everything I do is appreciated. Last year she made me a giant poster last year...just don't read the cussing in the car part!! (My birthday is within a few days of Mother's Day, so I get twice the appreciation LOL.)
Have you seen JaM Cellars Butter Chardonnay yet? It is a wine you need to try next. It is perfect for Mother's Day, brunch, or anytime! JaM is made by second-generation Napa Valley vintners John and Michele are the “J” and the “M” in JaM Cellars. They made these wines in a style they love to enjoy with their friends any day of the week.
This easy gluten free frittata recipe pairs beautifully with the creamy butter flavors of this chardonnay.
I am ready to JaM into a cool glass of Butter and enjoy a real breakfast!
Cook your vegetables first. It helps them release their water and allows the flavors to blend together.
What vegetables are best in a frittata?
The sky is the limit when adding your favorite vegetables in this frittata recipe. Spinach, broccoli, kale, mushrooms...add the vegetables you have on-hand :-).
Add the eggs, cream, and cilantro.
Cooking Tip: Add your seasoning now in the raw egg mixture so that it blends throughout the egg evenly.
Pour the egg mixture into the vegetables and cook for 8 minutes. Put shredded cheese on top and place under a broiler for 2-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
You can easily make this frittata recipe dairy-free by using non-dairy milk like almond milk. Some non-dairy milk contains vanilla and sugar so make sure to use an unsweetened flavor or it may not go well flavor-wise.
I am so excited I get to share this gluten free frittata recipe with you!
Here are more delicious breakfast recipes to try:
- The whole family will love this Ground Turkey Chili Shakshuka recipe.
- If you have some time, this Gluten Free Cheese Danish recipe is so worth making!
- Everyone will love these homemade Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes for breakfast.
Bell Pepper Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 cup leeks
- 1/3 cup red yellow, and orange pepper
- 1/3 cup raw corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks, corn and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, cream, cilantro, cheese, and seasoning.
- Turn off the stove and move the cast iron skillet to the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes until it raises up and gets puffy.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
(*This post was updated from an older 5/2017 post.)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.