If you love easy breakfast recipes, this light and fluffy tri-colored pepper gluten-free frittata doesn't get much easier. This vegetable frittata is full of fresh, delicious vegetables like red, yellow, and orange peppers, corn, leeks, and cilantro. You can even use any combination of veggies you have on hand! Make it in 20 minutes or less!
This quick and easy gluten free frittata is something the whole family will enjoy. Feel free to use your favorite vegetables in this classic frittata recipe to make it your own. A frittata is very similar to an omelet, but frittatas are easier because you don't have to flip the egg onto the filling.
If you love egg dishes for breakfast, don't forget to check out this easy Butternut Squash Egg Cup recipe.
Why Try This Recipe:
- If you are looking for a simple fluffy frittata recipe, this is the best recipe. The frittata turns out perfect every time.
- You only need a few simple ingredients, and this breakfast recipe cooks in about 20 minutes! It is great for busy mornings!
- Customize the ingredients by adding your favorite ingredients like bacon, sausage, and/or onion.
Breakfast is one of our favorite meals of the day. Here are more delicious gluten free breakfast recipes to check out.
This recipe is gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. See the FAQ for a dairy-free option.
- Eggs - Use size large eggs.
- Butter - You can use salted or unsalted butter.
- Cheese - This can be any flavor you have on hand. We used shredded mild cheddar.
- Leeks - I like leeks because they are milder than onion, but you can also use onion.
- Bell peppers - Feel free to use any color of bell pepper.
- Heavy Cream - I do not advise using half and half. Milk will also work, but the frittata turns out fluffier if you use heavy cream.
Tips For Sucess:
- Really whip the eggs and heavy cream well. This will add air and make the frittata fluffier.
- Use any vegetables you have on hand. This is a great recipe to avoid food waste!
- I like using a cast iron pan because it can go from the stovetop to the oven for broiling.
I absolutely love my 12-inch cast iron skillet. I use it for pancakes, skillet cakes, and many of my dinner recipes. It is easy to clean, and perfectly non-stick!
How To Make A Gluten Free Frittata:
Step 1: Cook your vegetables first in some oil over medium heat. It helps them release their water and allows the flavors to blend together.
Step 2: Add the eggs, cream, and cilantro to a large bowl and whisk well until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
🔑 Sandi says: Add your seasoning now to the raw egg mixture, so that it blends throughout the egg evenly.
Step 3: Pour the egg mixture into the vegetables and cook for 8 minutes. Put shredded cheese on top and place under a broiler for 2-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
When adding your favorite vegetables to this frittata recipe, the sky is the limit. Spinach, broccoli, kale, mushrooms...add your vegetables on hand :-).
You can easily make this frittata recipe dairy-free by using non-dairy heavy cream and cheese. So Delicious and a few other brands now make dairy-free heavy cream, and VioLife is a great dairy-free cheese that tastes like the real deal.
Yes, you can freeze a frittata. Place the cooked and cooled frittata into a freezer-safe container or zip-style bag to do this. Seal the container or bag and place it in the freezer. it will keep fresh in the freezer for up to 4 months.
This frittata should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep fresh for up to 3 days.
I am so excited I get to share this gluten free frittata recipe with you!
More Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes:
- The whole family will love this Ground Turkey Chili Shakshuka recipe.
- If you have some time, this Gluten Free Cheese Danish recipe is so worth making!
- Everyone will love these homemade Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes for breakfast.
Bell Pepper Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ¼ cup leeks
- ⅓ cup red * see note
- ⅓ cup raw corn
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks, corn and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, cream, cilantro, cheese, and seasoning.
- Turn off the stove and move the cast iron skillet to the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes until it raises up and gets puffy.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- This gluten free frittata can be customized to use all of your favorite mix-ins like bacon, sausage, tomato, any vegetables you have on-hand.
- I do not recommend using half and half.
- This frittata will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an older December 2019 post with more recipe details.
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!
(*This post was updated from an older 5/2017 post.)