Summer is here and it has been too hot to use our oven! This easy gluten-free cherry cobbler mug cake will hit the spot.
This simple cake is made in your microwave and is ready in just seconds. What better way to satisfy that cobbler craving?
The temperatures are rising here in the South Bay and it is getting hotter by the day. In most parts of the country, this really isn’t a big deal. Turn on the air conditioner.
Well here in the California Bay Area, many homes don’t have air conditioning. Hard to believe, but true. In our house, air conditioning must have been an afterthought with whoever built it. Our tiny unit doesn’t cool our house very well.
The biggest rule when it is that hot is “DO NOT” use your oven. We have microwave mug cakes for these days. Just check out this Gluten-Free Chocolate Chili Mocha Mug Cake or this Easy Gluten-Free Lime Mug Cake recipe.
Most summers, we only need air conditioning a few days, maybe a week or two combined. It is too early to know hot many hot days we will get this summer, but I do know I am not turning on my stove or oven until it cools off.
This easy Gluten-Free Cherry Cobbler Mug Cake is perfect for hot days like this.
The best thing about mug cakes is that they are EASY. Dump the ingredients into a mug and turn on the microwave. Any no-bake dessert is easy, but mug cakes have speed on their side.
No heating up the house, and you get the same great taste of an oven-baked cobbler. This dessert works with any fruit, so experiment with peaches, blueberries, apples, etc.
Note that this recipe calls for oats. It is very, very important to make sure the oats you use are certified gluten free. Oats are very easily cross-contaminated with wheat so really make sure so you stay safe.
Click here to see all of the gluten-free cake recipes on this site.
More Delicious Cherry Recipes to Try:
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler Mug Cake Recipe:
- My favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Certified gluten free oats.
How to make a microwave gluten-free mug cake:
- 1/4 cup chopped fruit, more if you use a large mug
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1/2 teaspoon.)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a microwave safe mug, add fruit.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- In a bowl, add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and dairy free milk.
- Stir well.
- Pour on top of fruit.
- Microwave (with a plate underneath) for 90 seconds.
- Cake will be hot so allow to cool.
- Top with ice cream, whipped cream, or eat alone.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 352 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 163mg Sodium: 147mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 18g Protein: 13g