Do you ever get a major craving for gluten free chocolate mug cake? If so, I am certain you are going to fall in love with this decadent, rich chocolate mug cake. Not only does it taste amazing, but this is a chocolate mug cake recipe for 2, so you can share with your sweetie!
Once in a while, you find a recipe that makes your heart skip a beat, and this microwave chocolate mug cake is it. Indulge in the sweet chocolate moist cake, and you won’t regret it. This easy Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler Mug Cake is bursting with fresh cherries and is another great recipe to try.
Sometimes after an especially long day, Mr. Fearless Dining and I get a craving for something that is loaded with chocolate. Guess what?
This is the best chocolate mug cake, and it’s perfect for us because we can share it. Nothing says romance like hot gluten free chocolate cake. The ingredient proportions are a little different from the other mug cake recipes on my blog...this one will need a large mug!
Shhh….It’s a secret that sometimes we eat sweet treats and don’t even tell the Fearless Dining kids!"
Looking for some tips to help navigate gluten free dining? I have got the perfect guide to help you out. Take a look at How To Eat Gluten Free Anywhere + Gluten Free Diet Tips to help you get started. It’s way easier to set yourself up for success when you really understand how everything works and what to watch for.
No oven, no worries. You aren’t going to miss out on the chocolate flavor!! My gluten free chocolate cake with a raspberry filling recipe is the foundation of this microwave mug cake.
Can’t get enough chocolate? Have a peek at these deliciously decadent chocolate desserts:
- Make this Creamy Dark Chocolate Custard Recipe when you are craving chocolate.
- You will love these chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies next!
- My grandma's recipe converted to gluten free! Gluten Free Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake
- Cookies are hard to resist and these The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. They are so worth it!
Are you ready to give this dreamy gluten free chocolate microwave cake recipe a try?
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl. I prefer to mix my mug cake batter outside of the mug because often dry bits of flour get stuck in the bottom of the mug.
Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
This is what your chocolate cake batter will look like.
Pour the gluten free chocolate cake batter into a large mug. Microwave your cake for 90 seconds and enjoy!
I wanted to give you a few tips, so you end up with a delicious and moist gluten free chocolate mug cake every time. Take a look at these tips:
- Because this is a mug cake for two, you will need to use a larger sized mug. Plus, it will help the cake cook more evenly.
- Use the exact measurements for the ingredients. Otherwise, you may end up with a really dense or dry cake.
- Don’t over stir the batter. Make sure to stir it until it’s just combined or you will end up with air bubbles which leads to a dry microwave mug cake.
Can I reheat mug cake?
Yes, you can reheat this microwave chocolate mug cake. Simply microwave the mug cake for 10-15 seconds and it should be hot and the chocolate will melt again. Bear in mind, that when you reheat the mug cake, it may become slightly dry compared to when you first ate it.
Are mug cakes actually good?
Yes, this gluten free chocolate mug cake recipe is actually pretty amazing. I’m not just saying that because it’s my recipe. What you get when you make a microwave cake in a cup is a sweet dessert that you can throw together in a couple of minutes.
Then you only zap in the microwave for a minute or two and it’s ready to serve. The texture is fantastic and the flavor is even better. Don’t take my word for it, give it a try!
Optional yummy tips:
Here are a few ideas of ways you can add in extra flavors and what to serve with this yummy microwave chocolate mug cake.
- Ice Cream - Serve chocolate mug cake with your favorite ice cream like my no-churn white chocolate raspberry ice cream.
- Hot fudge - Drizzle a little bit of fudge on top of the gluten free mug cake.
- Caramel - Adding a little bit of caramel takes this chocolate mug cake to the next level. So good!
- Nuts - Add in a few walnuts or pecans to the batter.
- Peanut butter - Put in a tablespoon of your favorite peanut butter. Just put it right in the middle of the mug cake for a lava-like experience.
Looking for more gluten free mug cake desserts? Have a look at these tasty treats:
- My Gluten Free Vanilla Mug Cake is a popular treat that is ready in under 90 second.
- Mr. Fearless Dining's Favorite Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
Or, top your chocolate mug cake with this delicious Berry Compote!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake For Two
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Scoop the batter into a large coffee mug.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Top with ice cream or fresh berries.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)