This easy lime gluten free mug cake with lime icing is moist and delicious. Even better? It cooks in your microwave in just 90 seconds! No hot oven needed; which is awesome because it is too hot to use the oven now. (Dairy-free too!)
If you love cakes as much as we do, don’t forget to check out all of my best gluten free cake recipes.
Our weather has been so much hotter than usual here in the Bay Area, and it is just the beginning of summer here! What is a dessert loving family with a wicked sweet tooth to do?
Use the microwave for this gluten free mug cake! I know it sounds funny, but you can get a moist and delicious cake in your favorite mug! You can make this gluten free microwave cake in so many flavors, like this Gluten Free Chocolate Mocha Chili Mug Cake or this Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler Mug Cake.
I will be creating a lot of fun mug cake recipes over the next few months if the weather stays this hot. (Global warming is so real!)
Gluten Free and Dairy Free Mug Cake Recipe
Doesn’t this gluten free AND dairy free lime cake look delicious? I was worried the microwave would dry it out, but it didn’t dry at all. Each bite is bursting with lime flavor! This mug cake has a lime icing, but you could easily use a regular frosting and make this a cupcake in a mug!
If you have wondered how to make a gluten free version of a mug cake, just follow along!
This cake is full of fresh lime flavors. I not only use lime juice but lots of lime zest too!
Here is the lime cake batter. Notice the consistency is not thick….this helps keep the cake light and fluffy.
More Yummy Gluten Free Dessert Recipes:
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My favorite gluten free flour blend. Normally I wouldn’t suggest a flour blend with xanthan gum when making a mug cake, but it worked really well in this recipe.
- These easy glass mixing bowls are so easy to use. I love that you can see all around to make sure all of the flour is mixed in.
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, for icing
- 1 teaspoons lime juice, for icing
- In a small bowl, add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add in the egg, melted coconut oil, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Mix well. Pour into your favorite mug. (I used a spray coconut oil to spray the sides of the mug so the cake doesn't stick.)
- Put into the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Put the powdered sugar and lime juice in a small bowl and mix. Drizzle onto the mug cake.
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 467 Total Fat: 46g Saturated Fat: 29g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 186mg Sodium: 467mg Carbohydrates: 134g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 107g Protein: 10g
More Yummy Gluten Free Cakes to Try!