Get ready because I am introducing you to my gluten free snickerdoodle mug cake! Let me just say that it’s one of the best mug cake recipes ever! The best part is you can make one easy mug cake whenever the craving hits!
Mug cakes have gained a ton of popularity over the last few years. Why? Because people are starting to pay closer attention to their portion sizes and love how easy it is to throw one together.
Plus, an added bonus is that you can save so much money making them yourself instead of buying the prepacked mug cakes you buy at the supermarket.
I love that the Fearless Dining household can each make their own mug cake recipe, and everyone can have what they want. We do this for a special occasion or movie night. While looking up desserts, don’t forget to take a peek at my Gluten Free Churros Cupcakes recipe. It is also full of cinnamon sugar flavor.
I have tons of delicious gluten free mug cake recipes for you to try!
Why These Are Great:
- One bite of this snickerdoodle mug cake and you are going to feel like you have died and gone to food heaven.
- The flavor of cinnamon and the fluffiness of the cake is phenomenal. Snickerdoodles are one of Mr. Fearless Dining's favorites. If you love them too, try my Gluten Free Snickerdoodles Cookies.
- Not only is this mug cake gluten free, but it is also dairy-free, making it allergy friendly!
- Gluten free flour blend - I tested this recipe using my DIY Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, and King Arthur's Measure for Measure Gluten Free Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work. I just have not tested other flours.
- Xanthan gum - If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Almond flour - I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your cake grainy.
- Non-dairy milk - I used almond milk, but other dairy-free milk will work. I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
Are you ready to make this yummy Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Mug Cake recipe?
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Add the dry ingredients to a bowl or in the mug. Whisk to blend.
Although you can add all of your snickerdoodle ingredients and mix them directly in the mug, I find the cake batter doesn't get completely mixed when done in a mug. (Especially around the bottom edges of the mug). For this reason, I use a separate bowl for mixing ingredients.)
Step 2: Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix.
Step 3: Mix the wet and dry ingredients. This is what your mug cake batter will look like. Pour it into your mug.
Step 4: Microwave your cake for 90 seconds. This is what your cake will look like. Note I used a large mug, so the cake is shorter and wider. Tilt the cake upside down onto a plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and enjoy!
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
If you don’t have a microwave-safe coffee mug, feel free to use a bowl. It’s just essential that you make sure to use one that is safe to use in the microwave.
Remember that mugs are pretty deep, and if you use a bowl, it will have a wider bottom. That will result in a shorter and wider cake. It is still going to taste incredible, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted a little bit.
Yes, you can make this snickerdoodle microwave cake recipe in the oven if you want to. I prefer the microwave because it’s so much faster and I don’t really have to keep an eye on it.
Just toss it in, turn on the microwave, and it’s done in no time. If you want to make the gluten free mug cake in the oven, you would follow the directions except place it in a heated oven (180 degrees F.) for around 20 minutes.
To make this recipe nut-free, omit the almond flour and substitute an additional 1 tablespoon gluten free flour blend.
Mug cakes are single-serve size so it isn't common to have leftovers, but they would keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator if you have them.
More Gluten Free Mug Cake Recipes:
- Love vanilla cake? This Gluten Free Vanilla Mug Cake is amazing!
- Feel like a cherry cobbler but don't want to make a giant cobbler? This easy Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler Mug Cake is ready in under 3 minutes.
- This Gluten Free Lime Mug Cake is full of lime flavor!
If you are new to gluten free, don't forget to check out my Gluten Free Pantry items to see what ingredients I recommend for gluten free baking.
Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add the wet ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop the batter into your favorite mug and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend in this recipe. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your cake grainy.
- This recipe makes a mug cake for one. If you have a large mug and want to make a cake for two, just double the recipe.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!