Get ready, because you are going to be introduced to my gluten free snickerdoodle mug cake! Let me just say that it’s one of the best mug cake recipes ever! The best part is, you can make one easy mug cake whenever the craving hits!
One bite of this snickerdoodle mug cake and you are going feel like you have died and gone to food heaven. The flavor of cinnamon and fluffiness of the cake are phenomenal.
If you are new to gluten free, don’t forget to check out my Gluten Free Pantry items to see what ingredients I recommend for gluten free baking.
Mug cakes have gained a ton of popularity over the last few years. Why? Because people are starting to pay closer attention to their portion sizes and love how easy it is to throw one together.
Plus, an added bonus is that you can save so much money, making them yourself instead of buying the prepacked ones you get at the supermarket.
I love that the Fearless Dining household can each make their own mug cake recipe, and everyone can have what they want. We do this for a special occasion or movie night. While you are looking up desserts, don’t forget to take a peek at my gluten free cupcake recipes that are out of this world!
More yummy gluten free mug cake recipes to try:
- Love vanilla cake? This Gluten Free Vanilla Mug Cake is amazing!
- Feel like a cherry cobbler but don’t want to make a giant cobbler? This easy Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler Mug Cake is ready in under 3 minutes.
- This Gluten Free Lime Mug Cake is full of lime flavor!
Are you ready to make this yummy Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Mug Cake?
How to make this gluten free snickerdoodle mug cake:
Although you can add all of your ingredients and mix them directly in the mug, I find the cake batter doesn’t get completely mixed when done in a mug. (Especially around the bottom edges of the mug). For this reason, I use a separate bowl for mixing ingredients.)
I have tested three gluten free flour blends in this recipe. I liked King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure, Authentic Foods GF Multiblend, and Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. This doesn’t mean other blends won’t work, I just haven’t tested any others. Try to avoid flour blends that are high in starch or it will affect the texture of these cookies.
As always, if your blend does not contain Xanthan Gum, you will need to add 1 teaspoon.
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl or in the mug.
Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients. This is what your mug cake batter will look like. Pour it into your mug.
Microwave your cake for 90 seconds. This is what your cake will look like. Note I used a very large mug so the cake is shorter and wider. Tilt the cake upside down onto a plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and enjoy!
Questions? Here are the usual ones, if you have more questions, just send me a comment below and I will try to help!
Can you make a mug cake in a bowl?
Yes, if you don’t have a microwave-safe coffee mug, feel free to use a bowl. It’s just essential that you make sure to use one that is safe to use in the microwave.
Keep in mind that mugs are pretty deep, and if you use a bowl, it will have a wider bottom. That will result in a shorter and wider cake. It is still going to taste incredible, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted a little bit.
Can I make this recipe in the oven?
Yes, you can make this snickerdoodle microwave cake recipe in the oven if you want to. I prefer the microwave because it’s so much faster and I don’t really have to keep an eye on it.
Just toss it in, turn on the microwave, and it’s done in no time. If you want to make the gluten free mug cake in the oven, you would follow the directions except place it in a heated oven (180 degrees F.) for around 20 minutes.
Looking for more traditional cake recipes? You have to see these mouthwatering cakes:
- Kids love this easy Gluten Free Unicorn Cake recipe. Easy step by step directions for decorating the unicorn cake too.
- This Gluten Free Vanilla Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting is good enough to be used for a birthday or wedding cake.
- Brownies can make great cakes like this Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Cake.
- Caramel and apples are the stars in this easy Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cake recipe.
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add the wet ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop the batter into your favorite mug and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top.
1. This recipe makes a mug cake for one. If you have a large mug and want to make a cake for two, just double the recipe.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g