Get ready for holiday gift-giving this season with homemade mason jar cookie mix! Gluten free cookie mix in a jar is a great gift to give to teachers, friends, and neighbors. Just because someone is gluten free doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy making homemade cookies! This easy recipe makes the best gluten free chocolate chip cookies!
(This post has been sponsored by Morton Salt, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)
Homemade Holiday Gifts
The holidays are in full swing and we are in a baking frenzy here in the Fearless Dining household. This year we are putting the control into our friends’ hands by allowing them to have special baking moments with their families. You may ask how we are going to do this…homemade mason jar cookie mix gifts!
My daughter had the idea to put together one of our favorite cookie mixes into mason jars to give as gifts this year. The jars are easy to make and they look so pretty with all of the ingredients layered in the mason jars. You can find all of your ingredients, including our favorite cookie salt, Morton Fine Sea Salt, at your local Safeway.
Morton Fine Sea Salt dissolves quickly and blends the flavor thoroughly so you get the perfect bite every time. It has an easy lid that allows me to measure, shake, and pour without any oops moments. (Trust me, with the kids we have had those oops moments so we LOVE Morton Fine Sea Salt lids!!)
If you haven’t been to Safeway this week, it is the best place to find all of your grocery shopping list items. They even have a handy app so you can get coupons and see what is on sale.
Between December 6-31 you can save $0.35 on Morton Fine Sea Salt at Jewel-Osco. Click below to save on your next trip!
Are you ready to make these mason jar gifts? I love the flavor mix of cowboy cookies…the whole oats, shredded coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips. (Not to mention the ingredients make such pretty layers in the mason jar!)
- Morton Fine Sea Salt
- Gluten free flour blend
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Gluten free oats
- Shredded coconut
- Chocolate chips
- Optional nuts
Add the gluten free flour blend to the bottom of the mason jars. I add flour first so it doesn’t run down through the layers. One of the things that make these cookie mix jars so attractive is the “layered” look. You want to vary your colorful layers with the white layers.
Add the brown sugar and use a spoon to push the layers down.
Pour 1/4 teaspoon of Morton Sea Salt into the mason jar.
Keep layering your ingredients including baking powder, chocolate chips, and gluten free oats. Pack each layer down as you go.
Pour in the last layer, unsweetened shredded coconut. Now you just have to fill out a recipe card with the instructions and attach it to the mason jar.
I used quart-sized mason jars to make these cookie mix gift jars.
If you keep the mason jars sealed, the cookie mix should last 4-6 weeks in your pantry.
The sky is the limit on what ingredients you can add. Add chocolate candies, different types of nuts, or anything you like!
Shop now and save using the Safeway app on your phone. Download coupons and more!
More Gluten Free Cookie Recipes that Can Go in Mason Jars:
- Monster Gluten Free Cookies
- Gluten Free Cranberry Macadamia Cookies
- Funfetti Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
For One Mason Jar:
- 1 cup gluten free whole oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Morton Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Optional 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts
- Determine how many mason jars you want to fill.
- Remove the lids and clean the jars (if they are brand new.) Dry thoroughly.
- Add the ingredients into the mason jar one at a time to layer the ingredients in this order: gluten free flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt, chocolate chips, gluten free oats, and shredded coconut.
- Write out these directions on an index card so the person you give the gift to knows how to make the cookies:
!To make the cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Pour the cookie mix into a large bowl.
3. Add 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 11 tablespoons melted butter.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients to mix.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated in the cookie dough.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the parchment paper.
8. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on a rack.
This cookie recipe makes 24 Cowboy Cookies
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 cookies Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 93 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g