If you love chicken pot pie, this gluten free chicken pot pie is a delicious and satisfying meal.
Don’t let the fact that there is curry in this comforting dish fool you. This is completely kid-friendly, just ask my picky one!!
This week is all about comfort food.
Those foods that make you feel good.
Healthy foods like this easy gluten free chicken pot pie that you can feel good about serving your family.
One dish I have wanted to create was an easy gluten free pot pie recipe.
With gluten free baking, it can be so hard to get a flaky crust to top your pie. I decided to try a drop biscuit style chicken pot pie.
Not only is it easier to get a flaky topping with biscuits, but nobody will steal all of the crust!! (Ahem, Mr. Fearless Dining!)
This curry gluten free chicken pot pie is not spicy. My kids don’t go for spicy so it was important for this dish to have flavor, but to keep it mild enough that they would like it as well.
(Here is a shot of this recipe when I made it in Foster Farm’s gourmet kitchen.)
This dish is really simple, because who has a lot of time to make a big elaborate dinner during the busy school week?
If your family loves comfort food like my family, try this easy Mexican Lasagna recipe (it is ready in just 30 minutes!!)
(*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms® Organic Chicken. All delicious opinions and recipe are my own.)
When Foster Farms asked me to try their organic chicken breasts, I sort of laughed.
I am already a huge customer of theirs. I already use their organic chicken at least twice a week, so it was really easy to say yes.
There is so much to feel good about with Foster Farm’s Organic chicken.
- It is easy to find in the Bay Area, just go to your local Safeway grocery store. (Did you know that Foster Farm’s Organic chickens are raised here in California?)
- Foster Farms Organic chicken is now Non-GMO Project Verified. Verification by the Non-GMO Project ensures the validity of the non-GMO claim.
- Foster Farms is a family-owned company.
- Their chickens are raised free range and are fed organic vegetarian food. Foster Farms is American Humane Certified.
This easy gluten free chicken pot pie recipe is so easy to make for your family.
Sauté the shiitake, leeks, and carrots in a frying pan.
Toss vegetables into a pan.
Sauté the vegetables separately before adding this to the chicken. Feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand.
I have created this chicken pot pie recipe with broccoli and zucchini in the past and it was also delicious!
Boil the chicken breasts in the chicken broth, then used two forks to shred the chicken.
This is the chicken stew part with the added cream, butter, and gluten free flour blend. I then added curry powder and turmeric for flavor.
Use a gluten free biscuit mix to make the biscuits and then used a big cookie scooper to drop the dough onto the chicken mixture.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A nice casserole dish.
- A dishwasher-safe cutting board. (This is so much safer after using your cutting board to cut meat.)
How to make a gluten free chicken pot pie
Easy gluten free curried chicken pot pie recipe.
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 blend
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 large organic leek sliced thinly
- 2 large organic carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup organic corn
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream
- 1 clove organic garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 8-10 organic shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package gluten free biscuit mix prepared per package instructions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic clove and vegetables.
- Saute until cooked, but still firm.
- In a large pot, add water and chicken broth.
- Add raw chicken breasts.
- Bring to a boil and cook until chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and with two forks, shred the chicken.
- Add the chicken back in with the broth.
- Add the vegetables, spices, cream, and flour.
- Mix well and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes until sauce is thick.
- Pour chicken mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Add drop biscuit dough on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until biscuits are done.
- Serve hot, garnish with cilantro.
More Yummy Recipes to Try!!