These Gluten Free Whoopie Pies are so darn good. These are hard to resist!! Grilling the bananas for this recipe makes the banana caramelize, letting the rich sweet flavors come through.
Are you ready to toss a few bananas on your grill?
Sometimes we all need a moist and chewy whoopie pie.
These gluten free whoopie pies will activate your taste buds and create a party in your mouth. Seriously…these whoopie pies are so worth trying!! And if you love pumpkin, you can even give these gluten free pumpkin whoopie pies a try.
The heroes of this recipe are the over-ripe, sweet bananas. If your bananas aren’t quite ripe enough, try one of these hacks to ripen them quicker.
- I found that adding them to a warm oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes really works well to ripen those bananas quickly!
- If you have a little more time, put them in a paper bag for a day or two. Make sure the paper bag is folded closed!
What fruits do you like to grill?
I hope you love these grilled banana gluten free whoopie pies as much as my kids did!”
These gluten free whoopie pies are perfect for summer. Kids can even make their own if you help them with the grilling part!
You will see I added a box of vanilla pudding mix to this gluten free cookie recipe makes these cookies extra moist. I don’t know about you, but biting into a whoopie pie made with crunchy cookies was not very fun. The middle frosting squirted out all over me :-(. So to prevent that from happening to you, I made sure these cookies turned out soft and moist.
How to make gluten free whoopie pies:
I love to grill a lot of fruit, but I gravitated towards the bananas because bananas seem like they were made to be cooked on a grill. Their skin naturally protects the fruit inside from getting burned. Just make a slit down the skin so the juices can escape :-).
Pour the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk to blend. In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients. Mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Use a cookie dough scoop to make sure all of your cookies will turn out the same size. This is really important when you are making whoopie pies. A fabulous non-stick cookie sheet is also really nice.
Allow the cookies to cool thoroughly before adding the banana and Cool Whip.
Try not to take a bite once you put in all of the fillings…it is very tempting :-).
More Delicious Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try:
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Xanthan gum if your gluten-free flour blend doesn’t have this.
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 box Jello Vanilla Pudding., I used the Cook and Serve
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 bananas
- Cool Whip whipped cream
- Preheat the grill and use grill brush to make sure grill grate is clean.
- Take ripe bananas and make a slit down each peel (facing up) with a sharp knife.
- Place bananas on the grill.
- Grill bananas on medium flame for 8-10 minutes. (With the cover closed.)
- Remove from the grill when banana is soft.
- **Use caution as hot juices will come out of the bananas.
- Allow bananas to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add melted butter and eggs.
- Whisk to blend.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Use a cookie scoop to make cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Scoop out banana and put onto the underside of a cookie.
- Scoop on Cool Whip.
- Top with another cookie to make a whoopie pie.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g