This is the only resource you will need for perfect gluten-free pies!
I am talking about 50+ of my favorite websites for everything you will EVER need to make any kind of gluten-free pie with a flaky, buttery, mouth-watering crust!
There are sweet pies, savory pies, and even fun creative ways to use pie crust covered. Unconventional crusts like.
You will find recipes for not only gluten-free pie crust, but sweet pies, savory pies, and even fun creative ways to use pie crust. Unconventional crusts like a macaroon crust and hash brown crust too!
I am all for gluten-free pies! I love every kind of pie recipe you can imagine. Okay, maybe not mincemeat pie…but give me fruit, pumpkin, tarts, galettes, and I am one happy lady.
It is my hope that some of these pie articles will give you the confidence to get creative and try your hand at making your own gluten-free pie crust from scratch! Now you can skip buying ready-made pie crusts in the store!
What are your biggest challenges when you make gluten-free pie crust?
For me, it is getting that perfect flaky crust. You know the kind of crust I am talking about. It is not easy when you are making a gluten free pie crust from scratch. I put together this all-inclusive guide to help you so that you have time to try some of these recipes and find your favorites in time for fall and holiday baking!”
I have compiled 50+ resources to take you from the best gluten-free pie crust to pie fillings, so don’t forget to bookmark this so you can refer back to it again anytime you need. Sweet pies, savory pies…even tart and galette recipes!
This is everything you need to know about how to make the perfect gluten-free pie in one easy place!
Pie wouldn’t be a pie without the crust. This is THE most important part of your pie recipe. You could make a gluten-free pie without the crust, but why would you want to?
A gluten-free pie crust can be made out of several different flours from your standard gluten-free flour blend to almond flour and coconut flour. Here are lots of ideas for you to experiment with to see what works best for you.
Gluten-free flour blend pie crust recipes:
These crusts all use a combination of gluten-free flours to mimic wheat flour. When you bake with gluten-free flours, you have to combine a few different flours and a starch to get them to bind together. My very favorite gluten-free flour blend works in all of these recipes, and the authors also have some great gluten-free flour blend combinations as well!
- How to Make A Simple Gluten-Free Pie Crust by Fearless Dining
- How to Make a Gluten-Free Pie Crust by the Kitchn.
- Best Gluten-Free Flaky Pie Crust by Allergy Free Alaska.
- Perfect Gluten-Free Pie Crust by In Johanna’s Kitchen. (This crust is vegan too!)
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust by I’m Gluten Free.
Coconut flour pie crust recipes:
Coconut flour is perfect to make a gluten-free or paleo pie crust. One thing to watch for is coconut flour absorbs a LOT of moisture so you will notice that the wet ingredient quantities are a lot larger in these coconut flour pie crust recipes. My favorite coconut flours are by Anthony’s Organic Coconut Flour and Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour.
- Coconut Flour Pie Crust by Coconut Mama.
- Low Carb Coconut Flour Pie Crust by Sugar-Free Mom (And this pie crust is sugar-free too!!)
- Coconut Flour Pie Crust by Low Carb Yum.
Almond flour pie crust recipes:
Almond flour is a fun ingredient that a lot of people on a paleo diet embrace. I love this because the almond flour in the pie crust adds a protein boost that helps balance out the sugar in the pie. I use primarily Anthony’s Premium Blanched Almond Flour and Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour.
- Paleo Pie Crust by Elana’s Pantry.
- Basic Almond Flour Pie Crust by Low Carb Maven.
- Paleo Pie Crust Recipe by Living Healthy with Chocolate
Other pie crust recipes:
These are some other fun gluten-free crust ideas. Let me know if you try any!
- Three Ingredient Gluten-Free Pie Crust by Cotter Crunch. So creative!
- Gluten Free Raw No-Bake Tart Crust by Fearless Dining. This isn’t a baked flaky pie crust, but it is nutritious and absolutely delicious.
- The Easiest Chocolate Pie by Dessert For Two has a crust made out of a shredded coconut!
Gluten-Free Fruit Pie Recipes:
Fruit pies are loaded with juicy sweet fruits. That is what I love most about a fruit pie recipe, you can fill it with any type of fruit. The fruit can be fresh, frozen, or even from a can. The pie crust dough bakes in with the fruity flavors and makes pies delicious.
- Deep Dish Gluten Free Apple Pie by Raia’s Recipes.
- Classic Blueberry Pie by Migraine Relief Recipes.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Pie by The Unconventional Baker. (This pie is refined sugar-free too!)
- Old Fashioned Gluten-Free Apple Pie by The Spruce.
- Healthy Orange Pie with Almond Crust from Food, Faith, Fitness.
- Gluten Free Blackberry Pie by Gluten-Free Baking by Rachel.
- Gluten Free Dark Cherry Lemon Pie by Flippin Delicious.
Gluten-Free Holiday Pie Recipes:
The holidays will be here before you know it and what is the first dessert you think of for Thanksgiving?
Pie!! Lots of homemade gluten-free pie, gluten-free pumpkin pie, gluten-free apple pie, gluten-free pecan pie. Am I missing any?
Here are some of my favorite homemade gluten-free pie recipes, many are even refined sugar-free! I even sneaked in a crustless pumpkin pie recipe, just in case you are trying to cut down on those carbs!
- Gluten-Free Pecan Pie by Allergy Free Alaska. (This pecan pie is also refined sugar and corn syrup free!)
- Gluten-Free Easter Pie by Confessions of an Over-Worked Mom.
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pie by Fearless Dining.
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Tarts by Tasty Yummies.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Classic Pumpkin Pie from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free.
- Gluten-Free Pecan Bourbon Chocolate Pie by Carole Fenster Cooks.
- Raw Pecan Pie by Put Your Heart In It.
- Coconut Macaroon Pumpkin Pie by Toni Avery
- Pumpkin Apple Pie by A Girl Worth Saving.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Pecan Crust by Healthy Slow Cooking.
- The Healthiest Crustless Pumpkin Pie by Strength and Sunshine.
Gluten-Free Cream Pie Recipes:
Who loves cream pies? These gluten-free cream pie recipes are not only pretty to look at, but they are easy to make too! These pies are perfect all year round, but if it is a hot summer day, you will love the no-bake cream pie option below!
- Gluten-Free Ice Cream Pie with Cookie Dough Crust by Fearless Dining.
- Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie by Texanerin. (Pictured above too!)
- No-Bake Vegan Banana Cream Pie by The Roasted Root.
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cream Pie by The Plant Philosophy. (This pie is vegan too!!)
- Gluten-Free Coconut Banana Cream Pie by GF Jules.
- Banana Cream Pie by One Green Planet. (Another yummy vegan option!)
- No-Bake Mini Key Lime Pies by Spoonful of Flavor.
- Paleo Chocolate Cream Pie by Healthy Eats Real.
Gluten-Free Galette Recipes:
If you don’t feel like making two pie crusts, a gluten-free galette is a great way to get the pie flavors.
Galettes are really easy to make on a cookie sheet! Put your rolled out pie crust dough on a cookie sheet, top with fruit, or your favorite pie filling, and fold up the edges of the pie crust around the filling.
(Just make sure your cookie sheet has sides so the juices don’t leak out into your oven during the baking process. It is hard to clean the baked on juices off the bottom of your oven!) Bake and enjoy!
- Gluten-Free Honey Apple Galette by Fearless Dining
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Chocolate Galette by Allergy Awesomeness.
- Easier Than Pie Apple Galette by Gluten Free Miami.
- Glute-Free Plum and Hazelnut Galette by Blahnik Baker. Absolutely gorgeous!
- Apple Galette by Savory Lotus.
- Gluten-Free Apricot Mascarpone Galette by Bonjon Gourmet.
- Rustic Cardamom Apple Galette with Maple Marscapone by Joyful Healthy Eats.
- Gluten-Free Black Grape Mason Jar Lid Galettes by Fearless Dining.
Gluten-Free Tart Recipes:
Gluten-free tarts can come in all shapes and sizes. You can make a really long tart with a rectangular tart pan and slice it into pieces, or you can make a big round tart. I love these mini tart pans!
TIP: The big thing to look for when you buy a tart pan is to make sure the bottom pokes out. This makes it so easy to get the tart out of the baking pan!
- Key Lime Pie Tarts by Lexi’s Clean Kitchen. These would be great for a party!
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Almond Tart by King Arthur
- Mini Gluten-Free Lemon Tarts by Healthy Nibbles and Bits.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Caramel Tart by Fearless Dining.
- Gluten-Free Fig and Walnut Tart at SnapGuide. Another stunning tart.
Savory Gluten Free Pies:
I feel like I wouldn’t be doing pie full justice if we didn’t take a moment to talk about savory pies. These easy gluten-free pies come in all types from tarts to quiche to even cottage pie.
Most of these pies make a savory delicious brunch or breakfast, or if you are crazy like we are, breakfast for dinner!
Pie crusts can be fun when you are making a savory version. Think hash browns, potatoes, or even go crustless.
- Gluten-Free Savory Goat Cheese and Asparagus Tart by Fearless Dining.
- Arugula Cremini Quiche by Cookie & Kate.
- Spinach and Pepper Quiche with Hash Brown Crust by The Mess Is Ours.
- Gluten-Free Quiche with Potato Crust by Almost Super Mom.
- Classic Cottage Pie by Grandma’s Gluten Free Recipes.
- Gluten-Free Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart by Primal Palate.
- Gluten-Free Mashed Potato Pie by Fearless Dining.
Creative Pie Recipes:
These easy gluten-free pie recipes are a little more out of the box, and they all sound delicious. Do you have some fun ways to use pie crust in a recipe? Send it my way and I will see if it can be included.
- Strawberry Hand Pies by A Saucy Kitchen. I love this hand-held pie idea.
- Easy No-Bake Creamy Peanut Butter Pies by Fearless Dining
- Gluten-Free Coconut Pie by Wine Lady Cooks. (This pie is crustless.)
- Gluten-Free Pop Tarts by Kyra Bussanich. (This pop tart recipe is grain free!)
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust Pinwheels by Savy Saving Couple. You will love this fun use for pie crust!
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Pie by Half Baked Harvest. A showstopper gorgeous pie.
- Gluten-Free Peppermint Ice Cream Pie by Fearless Dining
I hope you love this roundup of all things pie related. These pies are fun at any time of year! Am I missing a fun pie recipe? Let me know and maybe I will include it!