Serve up this savory gluten free pasta sauce with your favorite pasta. Your whole family will love this simple pasta with meat sauce recipe.
Full of flavor and three different types of meat, the flavor depth of this sauce will please even your pickiest eater! This gluten free pasta sauce is sure to please!
When my son is in yet another growth spurt, he loves meat.
All types of meat and he is not picky.
Who am I to judge? He is now way taller than me :-).
When he asked me if I could make pasta this week, I wanted it to have a lot of protein. This family favorite has not only grass-fed organic ground beef, but it also has medium spice chicken sausage and bacon. The bacon gives this sauce a slightly smokey flavor, making it hard to resist.
How to Cook Gluten Free Pasta:
The biggest challenge with gluten free pasta is how to cook gluten free pasta without it turning to mush. I had the good fortune to interview a chef at an Italian restaurant here and she gave me the secret. An ice bath. The ice bath halts the cooking so that it doesn’t continue to cook in the colander.
Read directions on how to do a pasta ice bath and all of the story. This method is a GAME CHANGER for cooking gluten free pasta. (There is also a delicious marinara sauce recipe to check out!)
You will love how easy it is to cook spaghetti with ground beef! We used gluten free ziti noodles in this post, but this sauce works beautifully with spaghetti or even macaroni!
What is the best gluten free pasta?
Oh gosh, this is a tough question. There are so many good gluten free pasta brands out there. Some of our favorites are:
- Trader Joe’s fresh gluten free pasta
How Do You Season Spaghetti Sauce?
Ground beef seasoning for spaghetti sauce is easy. I like to use fresh herbs, and I even have a basil plant now growing in my kitchen window so I can snip off leaves anytime. I use:
- Crushed red peppers
- Salt and pepper
What is the best ground beef for spaghetti sauce?
I personally love to use organic grass-fed ground beef in this spaghetti sauce recipe. Ground turkey works well, as does bison, but keep in mind these two types of meat have a much lower fat content.
This meat sauce recipe with ground beef will be a big hit in your house!
More Delicious Gluten Free Pasta Recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Ricotta Stuffed Meatballs and Sauce
- Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Pasta
- Creamy Ricotta Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound grass fed ground beef
- 3-4 medium spice chicken sausage, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and patted with paper towel to remove extra grease. Chop
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 can plain unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the diced onion and orange pepper.
- Drain the fat into the trash so it doesn't clog kitchen pipes. (Or, if you have a dog, I am sure they would love it if you put this in their food:-).
- When ground beef is browned, add sausage, cooked bacon, and minced garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and paste.
- Mix well.
- Add spices.
- Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 363 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 1388mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 22g
(*this post was updated from a 2/2015 recipe.)
More Yummy Recipes to Try!!