Gluten free ricotta meatballs filled with zucchini and ricotta cheese are a delicious and satisfying meal for any hungry family. Learning how to eat gluten free is easy AND delicious with a gluten free meatball recipe like this one.
I am always on the lookout for easy gluten free dinner ideas. When school is in session, our family barely gets 30 minutes to sit down together to enjoy a family meal. Thank goodness I have a few recipes that are so easy to make.
Are your school nights like this too?
(This post was sponsored by Ragu. I appreciate your supporting the brands that help make this blog possible. All opinions are my own.)
Tonight we are having my kids’ favorite meatballs. This is hands down the most popular meatball recipe I make. If you have read my blog, you know my family is NOT fond of zucchini…and yet, they love these meatballs.
I really think the secret is the ricotta cheese. Even better? This meatball recipe bakes up in your oven! Oven baked meatballs are so easy because you mix the ingredients, roll into meatballs, and bake. So easy!”
Ricotta cheese makes the perfect binder in this meatball recipe. I was able to make these egg free too! (We don’t need to be egg free, but I felt it would make this a great option for many of my readers.)
Make a big batch and freeze some so you have them on hand for busy days. This is a huge time saver! Learning how to cook meatballs is so easy.
For our family’s meatballs and pasta dinner tonight, I am used Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce. The flavors in this sauce really blend with the flavors of the meatballs, making a hearty meal.
Meatball lovers unite! You can make big Italian meatballs like I did, or make smaller meatballs and enjoy them as an appetizer.
Can’t you just see these gluten free meatballs being served as an appetizer at your next party?
Dinner in 30 Minutes
These ricotta meatballs are healthy and delicious, and this entire gluten free meatball recipe, with the gluten free pasta and sauce, is ready in under 30 minutes!
How to make gluten free meatballs:
This gluten free meatball recipe is ready in just a few easy steps!
To make the gluten free meatballs, add the following to a large mixing bowl:
- gluten free bread crumbs
- ricotta cheese
- zucchini, and
- lean ground beef
Mix the ingredients. Form the ricotta meatballs and put them onto a greased baking sheet. Bake the meatballs in your oven until they are cooked through.
Bake for 20 minutes. (If you made really big meatballs, it may take longer for them to bake.) You can even bake the gluten free meatballs in the sauce if you want the tomato flavors to bake in!)
More Delicious Pasta Recipes to Try:
Things You Need To Make This Gluten Free Meatball Recipe:
- A food processor to shred the zucchini.
- A great nonstick baking pan so you don’t have to scrub a ton for cleanup.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce
- 1 box gluten free pasta
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the first 6 ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape meatballs and place onto a greased baking dish.
- Bake meatballs for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, set a pot of water on the stove with high heat to boil.
- Add your favorite gluten free pasta when the water is boiling. Cook the pasta to the box directions.
- Heat the pasta sauce on low heat.
- When pasta is cooked, toss in the pasta sauce.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and place one to two on top of your pasta. Serve with more sauce if you like 🙂
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 644mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 25g