Get ready for the best gluten free blueberry cobbler, ever!
This is the cobbler that your grandma made. It is simple to make, keep reading because I include a video that shows you how easy this gluten free cobbler recipe is to make.
If you love cobbler, check out all of my gluten free cobbler recipes.
Gluten Free Blueberry Cobbler From Scratch
One of my Fearless Dining readers, Linda C, sent me an email telling me how much she missed her mother’s blueberry cobbler since going gluten free. When I thought about it, I couldn’t remember the last time I had blueberry cobbler.”
I can’t wait to share this gluten free cobbler recipe with you! It truly is my hope it brings back memories of what your mom made. I will confess and say I didn’t simmer the blueberries in a pot, I found they cook up beautifully while baking in the oven.
This homemade cobbler is sweet and full of fresh blueberry flavors. Grandma would be proud to serve this recipe for blueberry cobbler. Nobody will ever know it is gluten free! If you want to try another great recipe, you will want to make these Gluten Free Blueberry Scones!
Do you know what is even better about this recipe? This gluten free blueberry cobbler recipe is also dairy-free! Just use a dairy-free coconut whipped cream like So Delicious brand.
I used a slightly sweet biscuit-like cake as a gluten free cobbler topping. It adds a great flavor to this cobbler recipe without competing against the fresh blueberries. If you prefer a paleo (grain-free) biscuit topping, try this Paleo Peach Cobbler topping.
LOL, I learned a valuable lesson making this cobbler. Don’t leave it unguarded in the kitchen. My husband and son couldn’t resist helping the taste test!
How to make this gluten free blueberry cobbler recipe:
It really is easy…grab some fresh blueberries and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F!
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix. Pour into your dry ingredients and mix.
In another bowl, add your blueberries and mix in the ingredients for the blueberries. Toss to coat the blueberries. Add to a greased 8×8 pan.
Spread the cobbler breading on top of the blueberry mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes (depending on how thick you add the topping and the size of your baking pan).
Spoon onto a plate and top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
Can you use frozen blueberries in this recipe?
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this cobbler recipe. Note if you use frozen blueberries that your blueberry mixture will be a little wetter.
How do you know when this cobbler is done baking?
This cobbler recipe is finished baking when the top is firm to touch. You can insert a toothpick into the biscuit topping. If the toothpick comes back dry, and the blueberry bottom is bubbly, the cobbler is ready.
More delicious gluten free dessert recipes to try:
- If you love this blueberry cobbler recipe, wait until you try this awesome Gluten Free Peach Cobbler recipe!
- This Gluten Free Cream Puffs recipe is so good!
- Another classic gluten free dessert, this Gluten Free Classic Bread Pudding is quick and easy to make.
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
for cobbler topping
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk, depending on the gluten free flour blend, you may need to add a little more milk.
- dash salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
for blueberry mix
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour, for berry mixture
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for berry mixture
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, for berry mixture
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients through coconut oil. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, add blueberries and the rest of the ingredients for the berry mixture. Toss to coat blueberries.
- Spray coconut oil in an 8x8 baking pan.
- Add blueberry mixture to the pan.
- Spread the cobbler topping on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Serve hot with whipped cream or ice cream
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 114mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 18g Protein: 4g