Gluten free donuts are easy to make in a donut maker or can be baked in an oven. With these easy gluten free donut recipes, you can make gluten free donuts in every flavor imaginable.
If you love donuts, you are going to LOVE these easy gluten free dairy free donuts recipes!!
This is a roundup of all of the donut recipes on my blog, in one handy place so you can find exactly what you are craving! If you love easy donut recipes, this will be a great resource for you.
The Best Gluten Free Donuts
Are you ready for donut madness here? I am about to spoil you with some yummy donut recipes. These are the recipes that we make and devour on a regular basis!!
To make things easier to sort through to find your new favorite gluten free donut recipe, I will organize the recipes by types of donuts, according to dietary needs. There are 3 categories:
- gluten free dairy free donuts
- gluten free donuts
- paleo donuts
I will also notate if the recipe is nut free, making it as easy as possible for you to find the information you need.
Are baked gluten free donuts better?
All of my donut recipes are baked because baked gluten free donuts are so much lower fat than fried donuts!
Every gf donut recipe on my Fearless Dining blog is made either in a Babycakes Donut Maker or baked in a donut pan in your oven. Both ways to cook these donuts give you a slightly crisp on the outside and moist on the inside donut.
Here are the most common ingredients used to make donuts, so you can have a gluten free shopping list easily accessible. Pick a recipe and get baking :-).
Gluten free flours used to make gluten free donut recipes:
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. This flour works in each recipe. It has xanthan gum in the blend, so no need to add any additional. This flour helps make gluten free donuts light and fluffy.
- Authentic Foods Multi-Blend Gluten Free Flour is another great gluten free flour blend. It also contains xanthan gum in the blend for easy use.
- Pamela’s Baking Mix is used once in a while for gluten free baking. It also contains xanthan gum. Please note this mix also contains almond meal!
- Almond Flour. I have two favorites. Anthony’s Goods makes a very finely ground gluten free almond flour (no cross-contact!) I also like Honeyville Almond Flour as it is also ground finely. It is also certified gluten free.
- Coconut Flour is good to use in paleo donut recipes. Note that it absorbs a crazy amount of liquid so any recipe using coconut flour will have a higher percentage of liquid in the ingredients
Additional Gluten Free Donut Ingredients:
Other common ingredients I use in gluten free donuts are:
- Coconut Sugar…I love this lower glycemic sweetener. It helps lower the possibility of sugar-buzzed kids :-).
- Gluten Free Oats, make sure the brand you use is certified gluten free! Oats are naturally gluten free, but they are often grown near wheat so the chance of cross-contamination is high.
- Chia Seeds are fun to add a little extra protein to a donut. You can also use these seeds as an egg replacer by mixing 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water.
- You will find Flaxseed Meal in my healthy Breakfast Donuts recipe.
- Cocoa Powder. I like Anthony’s Goods cocoa powder a lot. Ghirardelli is also a good cocoa powder to use.
- Sprinkles are one of my favorite ways to decorate donuts. Any grocery store should have a
Many of my donut recipes contain nut flour. If you can’t eat nuts, here is an easy substitution to make the donuts nut free:
Take out the almond flour and substitute 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend for 1/2 cup almond flour. You may need to tweak moisture a bit in the recipe, but this usually works well.
How long do you bake gluten free donuts for?
If you are baking your gf donuts in a BabyCakes Donut Maker, it will take 3-4 minutes for your donuts to bake. If you are making one of these donut recipes in a donut pan, your donuts will need to bake for 20-22 minutes at 350F degrees.
Can you use a gluten free cake mix in a donut pan or donut maker?
Of course, I would love for you to try one of the donut recipes below, but if you are looking to make donuts with a mix, my favorite gluten free donut mix is:
- Stonewall Gluten Free Chocolate Donut Mix (They make other flavors too!)
- Use your favorite Gluten Free Cake Mix! It works beautifully in both a donut maker or donut pan!!
Recipes for Gluten Free Dairy Free Donuts
Gluten Free AND Dairy Free Donuts
Gluten free and dairy free donut list
Dairy Free Gluten Free Lemon Donuts
Gluten Free Lemon Donuts This is one of the early donut recipes on Fearless Dining. It is still one of my favorite because it is full of fresh lemon flavor! (Contains almond flour.)
These little donuts are made in a donut maker, but you can also bake them in a donut pan. They are moist and delicious with a homemade lemonade icing!
Kid-Favorite Healthy Gluten Free Breakfast Donuts
Love donuts, but want to be a little healthier? These are the donuts you can let your kids eat for breakfast. No guilt!! Healthy donuts are fun when they taste really good! Just look at the ingredients in this Gluten Free Breakfast Donuts recipe. (Contains almond.)
Amazing Gluten Free Pumpkin Donut Recipe
These Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts are crazy good! They are moist and delicious! Dust with a powdered sugar/cinnamon blend. These donuts are both gluten free and dairy free, they are also refined sugar-free if you use the optional honey glaze!!
(Dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and nut free option too!)
Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Donuts
Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Donuts are a fun way to use fresh orange in your recipe. I can't resist chocolate and orange flavors combined! (Nut Free)
These donuts remind me of that chocolate candy shaped like an orange and you can break it into "sections" like a real orange.
Gluten Free Donuts (Contains Dairy)
These donuts are only gluten free because they do contain dairy.
Easy Gluten Free Vanilla Donuts
These Gluten Free Vanilla Pudding Donuts are so incredibly moist...they are full of vanilla flavors. Drizzle icing or enjoy them plain. These mini vanilla donuts won't last long in your house! (Contains almond flour.) The secret to these moist donuts is the vanilla pudding mix.
(You can also make a chocolate version using chocolate pudding mix!)
Gluten Free Banana Donuts with Chocolate Coconut Walnuts
Love chunky monkey? These gluten free banana donuts with chocolate, coconut, and walnut are based on my favorite ice cream! (Contains walnuts and almond flour.)
These donuts were baked in a donut pan, but you can also cook the batter in a donut maker.
Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Donuts with White Chocolate
If you love matcha, these Gluten Free Matcha Coconut Donuts are for you! Rich flavor and a white chocolate drizzle on top! (Nut Free.)
(*Note, not all matcha green tea powders are gluten free. Make sure you read the ingredients list on matcha first.)
Gluten Free Chocolate Donut Recipe with Cookie Dough Frosting
Love chocolate donuts? These Gluten Free Chocolate Donuts are my son's favorite. They have an edible gluten free cookie dough frosting on top! (Contains almond flour.)
These gluten free chocolate donuts were a huge hit in our house.
These donuts are paleo, meaning they are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free!
Paleo Apple Cinnamon Donuts with Honey Nectar
It doesn't get any better than these Paleo Apple Cinnamon Donuts. Chunks of apple and a delicious honey glaze are part of this easy gluten free donut recipe. (No refined sugar, grain free, nut free.)
Paleo donuts are both gluten free and dairy free donuts!
Grain Free Donuts with Blueberries and Coconut Glaze
Fresh blueberries are what makes these Grain Free Blueberry Donuts so good. There is a coconut glaze that is hard to resist! (Nut free.)
Stay tuned for more donut recipes, which will be added to this post as I create them. If there is a special donut you love, write me a note and let me know. I would love to make it and include it here!