Get ready for the perfect happy hour drink, bourbon prickly pear cocktail! You only need 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this playful yet delicious drink. Not only does it taste great, but it also looks beautiful too.
This bourbon cocktail is naturally gluten free and the perfect way to settle down after a long day. The star of the show is my homemade prickly pear syrup, and it is out of this world!
Mr. Fearless Dining and I love to enjoy a refreshing drink after a crazy day or an ordinary day! HA!
We like to have a variety of drinks because we don't want the same thing over and over. That is where we developed this bourbon cactus pear cocktail. The lime juice gives it the perfect zesty tang, and I have a feeling you will enjoy it as much as we do.
If you love this bourbon cactus pear cocktail, then you should try these fancy drinks as well:
- If you love margaritas, try this fun Simple Prickly Pear Margarita Recipe!
- These Frozen Peach Margarita With A Ginger Sugar Rim are perfect in the summer.
- Have you tried dragon fruit? This Dragon Fruit Cocktail With Vodka is really fun to make.
- Bourbon - I used 4 Roses Bourbon, but any bourbon would work.
- Prickly Pears. See this recipe for how to make the Prickly Pear Syrup.
- Lime for Garnish
Is bourbon gluten free?
Bourbon is gluten free so it is fine to enjoy! Bourbon is a spirit that has been distilled and barrel-aged. It is made primarily of corn. You can drink bourbon as a mixer, on ice, or neat. It's the perfect complement to the prickly pear syrup and lime in this cocktail.
My rule of thumb for bourbon is...if you are drinking it in a mixed drink, use cheap bourbon. If you are going to savor it on the rocks or straight up, get the good stuff!
Can bourbon go bad?
Thankfully, bourbon doesn't go bad. (I would seriously cry if it did!!) After you open the bottle, if it takes you a long time to drink it, you will eventually see that it begins to evaporate. The flavor will remain the same, so you don't have to try to drink the bottle of bourbon in a certain time limit.
Can bourbon be stored in the freezer?
Yes, you can store liquor and other spirits in the freezer with no issues. Just make sure when you remove the bottle of bourbon from the freezer that you let it sit at room temperature for a while. Bourbon tends not to taste very good when it's ice cold.
What does prickly pear taste like?
If you haven't tried prickly pear, now is a great time to start! Prickly pear tastes very similar to a melon, not like a pear-like you would think. It does have a very subtle natural sweetness to it. You might be surprised to know that prickly pear also has fiber and antioxidants in it too!
Try prickly pear in this delicious Prickly Pear Sorbet recipe too!
- If you love meatballs, these Air Fryer Ground Chicken Meatballs go perfectly with this cocktail.
- Everyone at the party will love this Hot Cream Cheese Dip recipe
- These Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms make a classy party appetizer.
- Crunch with melty cheese, you will love how easy these Gluten Free Fried Mozzarella Sticks are to make.
Prickly Pear Bourbon Cocktail
- 1/2 cup prickly pear syrup
- 2 ounces bourbon
- In a cocktail shaker, add all of the ingredients.
- Close the lid and shake to mix.
- Pour into a glass.