If you love chicken piccata, you will love this simplified one pan gluten free chicken piccata recipe. It makes a delicious family-friendly dinner. If you need a speedy dinner recipe, this gluten free piccata recipe is for you!
New to gluten free living? Don’t forget to check out my tips for living gluten free. There are great ideas for not only cooking gluten free but how to dine out safely too!
If you love easy chicken recipes, you will want to check out all of my delicious Gluten Free Chicken Recipes.
It doesn’t get any easier than this one-pan gluten free chicken piccata recipe. If you love chicken dinners that are ready in under 30 minutes, you are going to want to try this easy Chicken Legs dinner recipe.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that there is nothing fancy needed for this fresh, healthy, simple family-friendly dinner. This is comfort food at its finest! Just dump the ingredients into the pan and cook.
(*This post was sponsored by Foster Farms Chicken. All delicious, flavorful opinions are my own.)
When Foster Farms asked me to write about their Simply Raised Chicken, I was excited. Foster Farms Chicken and I have collaborated to bring you delicious recipes several times over the past year and a half.
Foster Farms Simply Raised chicken is grown locally on the West Coast with no antibiotics ever, and the chickens are fed a vegetarian diet. Their chickens are also American Humane Certified. This is really important to me, and it makes this chicken the perfect foundation for my comfort food meals.
This easy chicken piccata recipe is part of the new comfort food evolution from traditional rich, heavy foods to a more healthful, natural, fresh way of eating.
My recipe gives you all of the same flavors of chicken piccata, but I took out several steps, added a couple of fun new flavor twists, and made it pretty much foolproof.
This recipe will help you get a healthy dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
How to make a gluten free chicken piccata:
Slice and wash the leeks. You can use onion if you don’t have any leeks on-hand.
Dredge the chicken in flour and add to the cooking garlic and leeks. I cook it all at the same time, which is a huge time saver.
What gluten free flour is best for dredging chicken?
Any gluten free flour blend will work for this recipe but try to avoid gluten free flour blends with bean flours. Normally bean flours are good in savory dishes, but bean flavors will not taste good with the capers and garlic in this recipe. You can also use tapioca or corn starch.
Add in capers and wine, and continue to saute until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
How do you know when the chicken is done cooking?
You will know your chicken is done cooking when it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Can you make this recipe without onions or leeks?
You can definitely make this recipe without onion or leeks. Leeks have a much milder flavor, but you can safely omit them from this recipe.
What can you substitute for capers in this chicken piccata recipe?
Capers have a pretty unique flavor. You could substitute olives, but with the olives having a strong flavor, you won’t want to use many. You can also add an extra clove of garlic.
What side dishes can you serve with chicken piccata?
More delicious gluten free chicken recipes:
- The whole family will love this Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
- If you are looking for a lighter meal, this Grilled Chicken Salad is perfect.
- This Turmeric Cold and Flu Busting Chicken Soup is fabulous to eat during the winter months.
- Here are even more delicious gluten free chicken recipes to try: Chicken Recipes to Celebrate National Chicken Month
- 1 pound chicken breasts, (I bought mine thinly sliced.)
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Put flour in a bowl and dredge chicken in flour.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until the chicken is almost done. (Turn chicken part way through the cooking so both sides are evenly cooked.)
- Add wine, lemon juice, and capers. Turn down the heat and simmer. Flip the chicken to make sure both sides are coated.
- Serve warm. (*Optional, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.)
1. This recipe is so easy to make in one pan.
2. If your kids don't like capers, feel free to increase the garlic to 3 cloves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g