This homemade Gluten Free Cheeseburger Pasta is pure comfort food. The creamy cheese sauce, hamburger meat, and gluten free pasta all cook together in one pot, making it so easy! Make this family meal in under 30 minutes.
If you are looking for an amazing new gluten free dinner recipe, you have got to try this Gluten Free Cheeseburger Pasta. It is so full of flavor! It is an easy meal that is perfect for those busy weeknights.
My whole family loved this meal. If you are looking for even more dinner inspiration, I have a lot of great gluten free dinner recipes waiting for you to try.
Why This Recipe Is Great:
- This gluten free pasta dinner recipe cooks in one pot, so there is almost no cleanup!
- I use all simple, wholesome ingredients.
- The sauce is so creamy and full of flavor!
- You can add vegetables to make it even better.
If you love one pot meals, try this Gluten Free Italian Pasta recipe.
This recipe is gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free, and nut-free.
- Ground Beef - I used 90% lean ground beef.
- Gluten Free Pasta - I like the Jovial gluten free brand as it holds up well to cooking in one-pot meals.
- Beef Broth - Use chicken if you use ground turkey for this recipe.
- Diced Tomatoes - I used fire-roasted canned diced tomatoes. Regular diced tomatoes also work well.
- Onions - I recommend using yellow onions.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream - I used full-fat sour cream, but low-fat is also okay.
- Seasonings - Powdered garlic, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Swap Greek yogurt for sour cream.
- Use any ground meat or vegan meat.
- I have not tested a dairy-free version, but if you want to try one, use VioLife cheese shreds and Kite Hill Sour Cream.
Tips For Sucess:
- Use a hearty gluten free pasta brand like Jovial or Tinkyada. Some brands can turn to mush when used in one-pot meals.
- Use shredded cheddar cheese or freshly grate it into the pot after the pasta has cooked. If you add the cheese in cubes, it can be harder to mix in and melt.
If you love pasta, but hate when it gets mushy, check out these Gluten Free Pasta Cooking Tips.
This recipe is best cooked on the stove. It is possible to use your Instant Pot. I haven't tested it, but you will want to cook it similarly to this Gluten Free Tuscan Pasta recipe.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Heat a pan with medium heat. Add oil to a pot or Dutch oven. Add the diced onions and ground beef.
Step 2: Cook on medium heat, frequently breaking up the ground meat. Cook until the hamburger meat is browned and cooked.
Step 3: Add the seasonings to the pan. If you want to drain the fat, now is the time to do this.
Step 4: Add the can of diced tomatoes. I used fire-roasted diced tomatoes, but plain will also work well.
Step 5: Add the beef broth and the rest of the seasonings. Cover and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes, then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer until the pasta is cooked.
Step 6: Add the cheese and sour cream to the cooked pasta. Stir until the cheese has melted into a sauce.
Serve this delicious meal with one of my favorite side dishes:
Technically you can freeze this cheeseburger pasta. Gluten free pasta can get weird when frozen, so it may not have the same texture when you thaw it out.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Gluten Free Comfort Food Dinner Recipes:
- Quick and Easy Gluten Free Chicken Tetrazzini
- Gluten Free Salisbury Steak
- Tasty Gluten Free Hamburger Helper
- Gluten Free Swedish Meatballs
One Pot Gluten Free Cheeseburger Pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef * see notes
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth low-sodium
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta * see notes
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or two minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, add the oil. Heat for 30 seconds over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is browned about 4 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to break the beef up as it cooks. Drain the fat.
- Add the pasta, broth, diced tomatoes, ketchup, and seasonings. Stir and cover.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer. Cook until the pasta absorbs the water.
- Remove the lid and add the shredded cheese and sour cream. Mix well and serve hot.
- Use any ground meat, including vegan meat, in this recipe. If you use ground turkey or ground chicken, use chicken broth.
- I recommend Jovial or Tinkyada gluten free pasta brands because they tend to hold up better to one-pot meals.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep fresh for up to 3 days. I don't recommend freezing leftovers because gluten free pasta can get mushy when thawed.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!