This savory gluten free asparagus goat cheese tart is a wonderful recipe for any occasion. The gluten free crust makes this recipe even better!
Today is a baking day.
Because I work from home, I often bake in spurts during my breaks. It is not uncommon for me to have two or three recipes in different stages of cooking on any given day.
I do this to save time. Currently, I have this asparagus tart and gluten free coconut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies cooking in the kitchen today. One item is in the oven while the other is being mixed up.
What do you do to save time in the kitchen?
This week we got organic asparagus in our farm box from Farm Fresh to You. I always feel so lucky that I get to choose what produce we get in our box each week. It helps me stay organized by allowing me to plan out what I am going to make each week. If you love asparagus, you will love these easy tips to cook asparagus perfectly every time.
There are so many things to love about this goat cheese tart recipe. There is the flaky gluten free crust, the light goat cheese filling, and the fresh asparagus. All of the flavors combine as they bake together in the one pan.
How to make a gluten free tart:
The gluten free dough mixes up slightly stiff as shown here.
Spray a tart pan with olive oil and spread the crust into it. Press the dough against the sides so it molds into the scalloped edge.
(My tart pan has a removable bottom so the tart is easy to pop out. I bought mine at William Sonoma, but this tart pan looks like a much better deal.)
Goat cheese can be a bit lumpy so use an electric mixer to blend it so that the tart batter is smooth.
TIP: Make a foil tent around the tart pan to prevent any leaks.
Allow the tart to cool on a cooling rack.
Click here to see all of the appetizer recipes on this blog.
(*Please note, this post contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from a link, it will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this site. I am very grateful for your support.)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 7 tablespoons cold butter
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a tart pan with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except butter and water.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add cold butter. Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add water and mix dough until it is stiff.
- Press dough into tart pan.
- In a large bowl, add wet ingredients and minced garlic.
- Use an electric mixer to blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into tart.
- Top with raw asparagus.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- (*Note, I did not precook my crust. You can do this if you want it to be extra flaky, but my tart came out wonderfully without the extra baking.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 297 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 117mg Sodium: 346mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 9g
More Yummy Gluten Free Tart Recipes To Try