If you love pie, these mini gluten free black grape galettes are a delicious fruity snack for you to try. These little fruit galettes are baked in mason jar lids and make a fun dessert for a dessert buffet.
If you love pie, you will want to use this gluten free pie crust recipe. It is light and flaky, and makes the best gluten free pies!
(*This post is sponsored by Grapes from California, the juicy fresh recipe and all opinions are my own.)
With the holidays coming up I wanted to create a healthy snack that was easy to make but was fancy enough to be offered to guests as well.
These gluten free black grape galettes are not only full of grape flavor, but they are tasty enough to please a large crowd.
What is Galette?
Have you ever made a gluten free galette recipe?
Galettes are different from tarts in several ways. Tarts have a stiff side and are more structured, whereas galettes are more forgiving and are made with pie crust that is folded over the filling. Check out this Gluten Free Pie list. There are over 50 gluten free pie recipes to try!
Most people eat grapes off the bunch, but they can also be used in all sorts of savory and sweet recipes too! You can even use them in delicious libations like this Tropical Crushed Black Grape Bourbon Cocktail, or, mix them into a savory recipe like this Curried Black Grape Chicken Salad.
Did you know that 99% of table grapes are grown right here in California? California Grapes are my kids’ favorite fruit to snack on. Grapes can go anywhere…they are so easy to put in a lunchbox, picnic, bag, or container.
Can you resist their fresh juicy flavor? Grapes from California are available in three vibrant colors: green, red, and black and are in-season May through January.
Tips to Make Grapes Last Longer
Have you ever bought grapes only to find a powdery-white thin coating on them? Don’t worry! That powdery-white coating is a good thing! This coating is called bloom and it is a naturally occurring substance that protects grapes from moisture loss and decay.
Store your grapes unwashed, and then wash the grapes before you eat them. 3/4 a cup of grapes has only 90 calories, with no fat or cholesterol, making them a delicious healthy snack. Grapes of all colors are a source of antioxidants and polyphenols.
When I recently purchased some black Grapes from California, I wanted to do something different with them that I haven’t done before.
Gluten Free Galettes are a beautiful fruity dessert that are so easy to make.”
These mini gluten free pies are so easy to make!
The filling is just grapes, lemon juice and zest, sugar, and tapioca starch.
The grapes cook into this wonderful pie filling.
Cut the butter into the flour, then gradually add milk until you get a crust.
Use the mason jar lid to cut the crusts out. Put the circle of crust into the lid, then add pie filling and bake! Take a bite!
More galette filling ideas:
If you want a full-sized delicious galette, try this easy Gluten Free Honey Apple Galette. I made it in a cast iron skillet, but you can also bake it on a cookie sheet!
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- 3 cups grapes
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 1/4 cup milk (may need more, add 1 TBSP at a time.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, add the first 6 ingredients. Cook on medium low for 10 minutes. Mash the grapes while cooking with the back of a spatula.
- Remove the grape pie filling from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, and butter. Use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour until it is crumbly.
- Add milk a little at a time. Mix well. When crust is formed, stop adding milk.
- Put down a piece of wax paper and put the dough on top. Cover with another piece of wax paper and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use the mason jar lid to cut out the pie crust circles. Remove the dough circle and put into the mason jar lid. Continue until all 10 are filled with dough. Spoon in some grape pie filling into each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is flaky.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g