Cardamom is one of my favorite spices to bake with and the flavor is perfect in these Gluten Free Cardamom Cookies. I took my best gluten free sugar cookie recipe and adapted it to include cardamom to become the perfect holiday cookie!
If you love cookies as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free holiday cookies.
Grab your favorite cookie cutters because these gluten free cardamom cookies were made to be awesome cut-out cookies. Whether you are going for a festive shape like these snowflakes, or a more generic shape like a circle, these cookies are going to be good!
Our family loves to create gluten free Christmas cookies to give to family and friends. The cookies are so good, nobody knows they are gluten free! If you like to bake up a storm, I hope you include this new cookie recipe in your baking adventures. (And you can pick up super cute holiday tins for gift giving. I found this tin for $1 at the dollar store down the street.)
These cookies are really easy to make, and you only need a few simple ingredients.
Are you ready to get baking?
Gluten free sprinkles brands:
One note about sprinkles. Not all sprinkles are gluten free. Many, including Wilton, are made on shared equipment with wheat. If you are Celiac or very sensitive, you will need to use a gluten free sprinkle. Here are some of my favorites:
- Supernatural Sprinkles (like these rainbows)
- Chef’s Select Sprinkles are certified gluten free.
- Sweetapolita Sprinkles are gluten free and hold up well to baking.
- Unpretentious Baker Sprinkles are also gluten free.
How to make gluten free cardamom cookies:
Add your dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to blend. In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for one hour. Roll the dough to 1/3 inch thickness between two pieces of wax paper. Use your cookie cutters to cut out shapes in the dough.
How long do you bake cut-out cookies?
Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until done. Allow cooling. If you are going to dip these in white chocolate, here are the directions for that.
How to melt chocolate chips in a microwave:
Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe dish. Cook for 25 seconds. Remove and stir the chips. Repeat and microwave for 20 seconds. Continue to microwave at 20-second intervals until the chips are melted. Do not microwave for long intervals or you risk burning your chocolate.
Dip in white chocolate and add sprinkles. Also, it is important to say…eat any that break!
If you ever wonder what you can do with the extra cookie dough, these adorable mini cookie cutters were perfect to make itsy bitsy gluten free Christmas cookies!
More Gluten Free Holiday Cookies to Try:
- If you love those Danish butter cookies, this Gluten Free Butter Cookies recipe tastes just like them!
- These Gluten Free Swiss Brunsli Cookies are wildly popular to make.
- My family’s German Gluten Free Pfeffernusse recipe converted to gluten free.
- Candied ginger is the star in this Candied Ginger Gluten Free Ginger Cookies recipe.
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cardamom
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Add your wet ingredients into a smaller bowl and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Put the cookie dough onto plastic wrap and wrap the dough. Refrigerate one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cookie dough between two sheets of wax paper and roll the cookie dough to 1/3 inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies from the dough.
- Place the shapes onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and allow cooling.
- Decorate or enjoy plain!
I used King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten free flour blend in this recipe.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g