These gluten free, dairy free pumpkin souffles are light and fluffy, and full of fall flavors.
I haven’t made a souffle in a long time. As a matter of fact, the only other souffle I made on this blog was this gluten free broccoli souffle. I am not sure how I let so much time pass between souffle recipes, especially when my kids love the light fluffiness of a souffle.
This pumpkin butter souffle is something that you can enjoy for dessert, or make for a holiday party.
(This post has been sponsored by Dream Plant-Based Yogurt, but all delicious opinions are my own.)
This time around, I wanted to make a dairy free souffle.
My family has been enjoying Dream’s Almond Milk and Yogurts for a few months now. They are creamy, delicious, full of probiotics, and best of all, they are dairy free. Dream declares all allergens in their products so you know exactly what is inside, and if it is safe for you. Dream makes products based on soy, almond, rice, and coconut milks, so there is a variety that is best for everyone. Dream uses only non-GMO products in their yogurts and milks.
The fun, and frustrating thing about souffles is that they rise so high when they are in the oven. My family loves to turn the oven light on, peek, and get excited about how far they puff up.
Then reality hits.You take the souffles out of the oven, and their puffy height comes back down. It is really hard to get a picture of a souffle when it is at its tallest height!
These souffles fell quickly so I had to snap photos quickly, scrambling to add powdered sugar before they were completely deflated :-).
I took step by step photos so you can see how easy these are to make for yourself.
Heat the pumpkin butter, sugar, and vanilla over low heat.
Add vanilla Almond Dream Yogurt. Turn off heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add in the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
Whisk in the gluten free flour blend.
Whip up the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
Pour in the pumpkin butter mixture and stir gently to blend.
Put the mixture into souffle cups, or even a small cast iron pan. Make sure you coat them with coconut oil so they don’t stick!
This is what they look like without the powdered sugar. They are sinking here a bit.
And there you have it….a light and fluffy easy version of a souffle.
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter, (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1/3 cup Dream yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- dash salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan, add pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add Dream yogurt and whisk to blend. Add egg yolks an whisk quickly so egg doesn't cook in the mixture.
- Pour in gluten free flour, cream of tartar, and dash of salt. Whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl, add egg whites and use a mixer to beat them until they form stiff peaks.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the stiff egg whites and mix very gently.
- Coat ramekins or mini cast iron skillets with coconut oil. Pour pumpkin mixture into each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are done.
- Remove to cooling rack. Add optional powdered sugar on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 111 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 131mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 14g Sugar: 9g Protein: 5g
Here are More Yummy Dessert Ideas