If you love sweet potato pie, but don’t have time to make a gluten free crust, you will love this easy Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pie recipe!
Sometimes we need a quick and easy gluten free dessert to make to bring to a friend’s house. Something that tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen…like a gluten free easy sweet potato pie!
This gluten free, nut free, and dairy free sweet potato pie with a simple ready-made gingersnap crust is perfect when you are in a hurry.
I needed a plan to make a speedy dessert. (If you need pie ideas, check out this resource for 50+ Gluten Free Pie and Crust Recipes!
(*NOTE this is NOT a sponsored post. I just honestly like these gluten free pie crusts!)
I found these gluten free pie crusts from Mi-del in our Nob Hill grocery store. They were on sale, so I bought one of all of the flavors. How can I resist cheap gluten free products like this??
The gingersnap crust is my favorite and it is the best for this recipe because the ginger tastes amazing with the sweet potato.
Holiday Baking Time Savers
Using a premade gluten free crust is a huge time saver. It also ensures you have an even crust. I have made enough pie crusts with some parts of the crust thicker than others to know it is hard.
TIP: I decided to roast my sweet potatoes the night before so they would be chilled and ready the next day.
How to roast sweet potatoes:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, prick them with a fork a few times so that the steam can vent out. Place them in the oven, and allow to cook for one hour until the sweet potatoes are soft.
This pie crust was so easy to work with.
All I had to do was mix the sweet potato puree into the wet ingredients and pour them all into this crust.
The tin the crust comes from doubles as a baking dish, so all I had to do was fill the pie crust with the gluten free sweet potato pie batter and put the whole thing into the oven.
Don’t you just love this easy sweet potato pie recipe? Even your kids can make this!
Are you ready to take a bite out of this easy dairy free sweet potato pie?
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Electric mixer. This mixer will make your sweet potato pie so smooth and silky!
- Gluten free graham cracker crumbs. If you can’t find the premade graham cracker crust from Midel, you can make your own with these crumbs.
How to make this easy sweet potato pie:
- 3/4 cup roasted sweet potato puree
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 gluten free pie crust
- If you are in a hurry, roast your sweet potatoes the night before. I tossed the whole roasted potatoes into the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add sweet potatoes and all other ingredients.
- Use a hand mixer to mix the ingredients. (This will help puree the sweet potato so it is smooth.)
- Pour the ingredients into the ready made crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the middle is done.
Looking for more delicious desserts? Try this gluten free butternut squash tart.
More Yummy Gluten-Free Holiday Recipes