If you love sweet potato pie, but don’t have time to make a gluten free crust, you will love this easy Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pie recipe! Smooth and creamy, with just the right amount of sweetness, this sweet potato pie is the perfect pie for fall!
If you love pie as much as I do, you may want to check out all of the 50+ gluten free pie recipes in this easy roundup.
Sometimes we need a quick and easy gluten free dessert to make to bring to a friend’s house. Something that tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen…like a gluten free easy sweet potato pie!
Ready-made gingersnap crust is perfect when you are in a hurry.
I needed a plan to make a speedy dessert. If you prefer to make your own gluten free pie crust, the gluten free graham cracker crust recipe in this gluten free pumpkin cream pie or this classic gluten free pie crust recipe is also delicious with the sweet potato filling!
(*NOTE this is NOT a sponsored post. I just honestly like these gluten free pie crusts!)
Easy Gluten Free Pie Crust
I found these gluten free pie crusts from Mi-del in our Nob Hill grocery store. They were on sale, so I bought one of all of the flavors. How can I resist cheap gluten free products like this??
The gingersnap crust is my favorite and it is the best for this recipe because the ginger tastes amazing with the sweet potato. If you love sweet potato desserts, try this Gluten Free Sweet Potato Bread Pudding, or these Gluten Free Sweet Potato Cheesecake recipes.
Holiday Baking Time Savers
Using a premade gluten free crust is a huge time saver. It also ensures you have an even crust. I have made enough pie crusts with some parts of the crust thicker than others to know it is hard.
TIP: I decided to roast my sweet potatoes the night before so they would be chilled and ready the next day.
How to roast sweet potatoes:
If you decide you prefer to roast your sweet potatoes instead of using canned, here is how to do that.
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, prick them with a fork a few times so that the steam can vent out. Place them in the oven, and allow to cook for one hour until the sweet potatoes are soft.
Remove the soft sweet potato from the rind and add to a bowl. Add a little water and use a mixer to whip the sweet potato until it is creamy and smooth. This can also be done in a Vitamix or blender.
Can you used canned sweet potato puree in this recipe?
You can definitely use canned sweet potato puree in this recipe. I like the Sprout market canned sweet potato, but there are lots of others in the grocery stores as well.
This pie crust was so easy to work with. Just remove the lid and you are ready to pour in the pie filling!
All I had to do was mix the sweet potato puree into the wet ingredients and pour them all into this crust. If you prefer to make a crust, you can try the crust recipe in this Gluten Free Caramel Apple Tart.
The tin the crust comes from doubles as a baking dish, so all I had to do was fill the pie crust with the gluten free sweet potato pie batter and put the whole thing into the oven.
Don’t you just love this easy sweet potato pie recipe? Even your kids can make this!
- Roasted (or canned) sweet potato puree
- Coconut sugar
- Light coconut milk
- Gluten free pie crust
How to make this easy sweet potato pie:
You are going to love how easy this pie is to make. With the holidays, you need all of the timesaving tips you can get. Your guests will love this pie and nobody will know it is gluten free!
Can you use sweet potatoes or yams?
You can use either yams or sweet potatoes in this recipe. You can also use pureed butternut squash like in this easy candied ginger butternut squash tart recipe.
Do you have to pre-bake this gluten free crust?
Nope, because this is a graham cracker crust, you do not have to pre-bake it like you would other gluten free crusts.
More Delicious Holiday Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Gluten Free Apple Galette
- Gluten Free Cranberry Shortbread Bars
Are you ready to take a bite out of this easy dairy-free sweet potato pie?
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Electric mixer. This mixer will make your sweet potato pie so smooth and silky!
- Gluten free graham cracker crumbs. If you can’t find the premade graham cracker crust from Midel, you can make your own with these crumbs.
- 3/4 cup roasted sweet potato puree
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 gluten free pie crust
- If you are in a hurry, roast your sweet potatoes the night before. I tossed the whole roasted potatoes into the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add sweet potatoes and all other ingredients.
- Use a hand mixer to mix the ingredients. (This will help puree the sweet potato so it is smooth.)
- Pour the ingredients into the ready made crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the middle is done.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mi-Del Gluten Free Pie Crust, Graham Style, 7.1 Ounce Package
- Big Tree Farms Organic Brown Coconut Sugar, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan, Fair Trade, Natural Sweetener, 5 Pound (Packaging May Vary)
- Electric Cordless Kitchen Hand Mixer - Portable Handheld Rechargeable Stainless Steel Whisk Machine with 3 Speed Settings - for Egg, Cake, Dough, Glue Pudding, Bread, Cookies
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 117mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 3g