If you love honey mustard, this delicious Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Mustard Chicken Breast recipe is a great recipe to try!
My grandmother used to use her slow cooker a lot when we were growing up. Slow cookers make the meat fall off the bone moist and tender. Did your grandma use a slow cooker too?
If you love chicken as much as we do, you will want to check out ALL of my delicious Gluten Free Chicken Recipes.
Dijon Mustard Chicken
The star of this easy honey mustard chicken dish is the dijon mustard. The mild Dijon flavor seeps into the chicken breasts as they slowly cook.
You can buy dijon mustard in any store, or you can make your own with this handy homemade dijon mustard recipe. Dijon mustard is made with wine, ground mustard seeds, and spices. You will love dijon in this Dijon Mustard Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe too!
Why this slow cooker chicken recipe is so easy:
I fondly like to call this recipe a dump recipe, or slow cooker dump recipe. This is a fun way to say toss everything into the slow cooker.
There is no prep work to make this dijon mustard chicken. It is crazy easy to put together. Are you ready for this? Add the chicken and sauce to the crockpot and turn it on. You won’t break a sweat with this recipe, I promise!!
What size slow cooker is best for this recipe?
Easy Honey Dijon Sauce Ingredients:
The flavor of the recipe is all in the sauce. Here is a picture of the honey mustard sauce for chicken. This sauce is so easy with only three main ingredients:
- Dijon mustard
- plain yogurt
It doesn’t get much easier than that. I seasoned mine with some onion salt, salt, pepper, and a pinch of tarragon. This honey dijon chicken is naturally gluten free and paleo.
How long do you cook this chicken recipe in the slow cooker?
Once it is all in your slow cooker, turn the heat on low and head to work. It can cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
When you get home, dinner will be ready!
More Delicious Gluten Free Slow Cooker Recipes to Try:
- Gluten-Free Beef Stew
- 5 Ingredient Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
Side dishes to serve with this chicken dinner:
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Carrots
- Mashed Rutabagas
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Grandma’s Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A slow cooker. Mine is really old, like over 10 years old. I keep telling Mr. Fearless Dining that when it goes, I want an oval-shaped slow cooker.
- Simple mixing bowls with a rubber bottom so you can mix up your sauce without the bowl sliding all over the counter.
How to make this Honey Dijon Mustard Chicken Recipe:
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pour olive oil into the slow cooker. Add chicken breasts to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle seasonings onto raw chicken.
- In a bowl, add the honey dijon sauce ingredients.
- Cover with the lid and set to low (if you won't be home for 6+ hours), if you would like it to be ready in 4 hours, set the temperature of the slow cooker on high.
You can use chicken breasts, thighs, or any bone-in chicken parts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 282 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 964mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 39g
More Delicious Gluten Free Recipes To Try!