If you love honey mustard, this delicious Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Mustard Chicken Breast recipe is a great recipe to try!
My grandmother used to use her slow cooker a lot when we were growing up. Slow cookers make the meat fall off the bone moist and tender. Did your grandma use a slow cooker too?
If you love chicken as much as we do, you will want to check out ALL of my delicious Gluten Free Chicken Recipes.
Click for Table of Contents:
The star of this easy honey mustard chicken dish is the dijon mustard. The mild Dijon flavor seeps into the chicken breasts as they slowly cook.
You can buy dijon mustard in any store, or you can make your own with this handy homemade dijon mustard recipe. Dijon mustard is made with wine, ground mustard seeds, and spices. You will love dijon in this Dijon Mustard Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe too!
Why this slow cooker chicken recipe is so easy to make:
I fondly like to call this recipe a dump recipe, or slow cooker dump recipe. This is a fun way to say toss everything into the slow cooker.
There is no prep work to make this dijon mustard chicken. It is crazy easy to put together. Are you ready for this? Add the chicken and sauce to the crockpot and turn it on. You won't break a sweat with this recipe, I promise!!
What size slow cooker is best for this recipe?
Ingredients for sauce:
The flavor of the recipe is all in the sauce. Here is a picture of the honey mustard sauce for chicken. This sauce is so easy with only three main ingredients:
- Dijon mustard
- plain yogurt
It doesn't get much easier than that. I seasoned mine with some onion salt, salt, pepper, and a pinch of tarragon. This honey dijon chicken is naturally gluten free and paleo.
How long do you cook the chicken in the slow cooker?
Once it is all in your slow cooker, turn the heat on low and head to work. It can cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
When you get home, dinner will be ready!
More delicious gluten free slow cooker recipes to try:
- This Gluten-Free Beef Stew makes a hearty meal
- Grab your slow cooker and make this 5 Ingredient Pot Roast recipe. It is so easy.
- Thick and creamy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- What about this easy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats recipe for breakfast?
- Everyone loves this Cinnamon Brown Sugar Carrots recipe.
- Have you tried rutabagas? These Mashed Rutabagas are great with chicken.
- Potatoes and melty cheese, you will dive into these Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes!
- Even Brussels haters love Grandma's Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe.
Things you need to make this recipe:
- A slow cooker. Mine is really old, like over 10 years old. I keep telling Mr. Fearless Dining that when it goes, I want an oval-shaped slow cooker.
- Simple mixing bowls with a rubber bottom so you can mix up your sauce without the bowl sliding all over the counter.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pour olive oil into the slow cooker. Add chicken breasts to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle seasonings onto raw chicken.
- In a bowl, add the honey dijon sauce ingredients.
- Cover with the lid and set to low (if you won't be home for 6+ hours), if you would like it to be ready in 4 hours, set the temperature of the slow cooker on high.
You can use chicken breasts, thighs, or any bone-in chicken parts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 964mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 39g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.