Crock pot roast beef is juicy, tender, and absolutely delicious! If you love pot roast, this is the easiest gluten free pot roast recipe you will ever make. Just add 5 simple ingredients to your slow cooker and power it on. Your dinner will be ready to eat just a few hours later.
I am all about easy.
This gluten free crock pot roast recipe is paleo, and I dedicate it to all of the meat lovers in your family. This really is the best slow cooker pot roast recipe, because it just doesn't get any easier. It is truly foolproof!
This gluten free crock pot roast recipe is dairy-free, paleo, and Whole30. I love it is free of the Top 8 Allergens! It's the best paleo slow cooker pot roast I've eaten. You will also love this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe too.
Why you need to try this:
I like to call this my dump and go Crock Pot roast because you just dump the ingredients into your slow cooker. DON'T brown the meat first. NEVER coat the meat in anything. DON'T do anything extra.
This roast doesn't need any special TLC to become great. Just dump 5 things in your slow cooker, cover, set it to high or low cooke temperature, and eat it for dinner 6 hours later.
Another bonus is you can use cheap cuts of meat so this recipe is great if you are on a budget.
We continue to get meat from our organic CSA Prather Ranch. (*please note this is an unsolicited plug. I was NOT compensated in any way to mention them.) Each month is a mystery. We never know what we get until we open up the box. This month, there was a two-pound roast included.
My growing son was so excited about this roast. At 13 and 5'8" he is growing like a weed, and eating us out of house and home in the process. He also said he thinks you should try this slow cooker lemon chicken recipe too!
Pot roast is typically braised and then slow-cooked so it becomes tender, almost melting in your mouth. I am a bit lazy and so my roast recipe is not braised. As you can see below, I just dumped it all into my slow cooker. If you have a tough cut of meat, this is the best way to make it tender.
Even without the braising, my easy roast recipe made a delicious dinner our whole family devoured.
Ingredients you need::
- Pot roast - you can use beef chuck roast or top round. Both will turn out delicious!
- Can diced tomatoes - I like to grab plain diced tomatoes, without the green chiles.
- Onion - I like sweet onions best but yellow onions are also great.
- Beef broth - you can use regular or low sodium for this recipe. Just remember to salt to taste!
- Spices like thyme, salt, pepper, and basil - you can use fresh herbs or dried herbs. Just remember if you use dried herbs, you need fewer than if you use fresh.
- Vegetables - completely optional but I like to add cut up potatoes and carrots so they slow cook with all of the delicious pot roast meat juices.
Recipe Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1: Cut up the onions and any vegetables you will want to use. Here are some ideas:
- Potatoes (white and sweet potatoes)
Step 2: Add the meat and all of the ingredients to the crock pot.
Step 3: Cover and cook on the low setting for 6-7 hours or high setting for 4-5 hours. If your slow cooker has a setting to cook on high then switch to low, you can use this as well.
Always double check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure the meat is done cooking. You want your meat to be between 150-160 degrees F.
This recipe calls for a 2-pound pot roast. This will fit in most slow cooker sizes. My crock pot is 6 quart-sized.
These seasonings taste great with all kinds of meat, even chicken! Use what you can find in stores.
You don't have to brown the meat before cooking, or the veggies for that matter. This recipe is the easiest!
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Try:
This Pot Roast looks utterly delicious! And EASY!!! Yay! I'm all about dump and go crock pot recipes. I am pinning this beauty for the next time I get hold of a gorgeous roast like you have there!Diane
Gorgeous pot roast Sandi and a must-try for sure! Love the easy prep!Linda
Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 2 pound pot roast
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt/pepper to taste
- Put all of the ingredients into a crock pot.
- Turn on high and cook for 4-5 hours. You can also cook on low for 6-7 hours
- Reduce the heat to low and cook and additional 2 hours.
- Remove and enjoy.
- Feel free to add vegetables to the crock pot. My kids are not fond of vegetables cooked in the slow cooker, but most kids probably aren't as picky as mine :-).
- You can easily make this recipe in the oven. Place the meat and ingredients into a Dutch oven. Cover and cook on low 325 degrees for 2 hours. Check internal temperature and make sure the meat is 150-160 degrees F.
- Feel free to add vegetables like carrots and potatoes!
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)