I pulled together my most popular moist gluten free muffin recipes so you had lots of delicious options to make for your family and guests. These muffins are made with all of the good stuff you and your family will love.
You will find these recipes are a mix of:
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar-Free
Sometimes people don’t realize you can still bake delicious baked goods when you eat gluten free. The best part is that these recipes make even better treats because they are so moist and flavorful. You can check out all of my delicious gluten free muffin recipes on the blog for even more inspiration!
Unsure where to start with gluten free baking? Please take a look at my gluten free pantry guide to learn which gluten free flours work the best for baking. I think you will find a ton of helpful information to get you started!
All of these easy gluten free muffin recipes are healthy enough for breakfast! Which will you choose to make first?”
Muffins are something we make a lot here in the Fearless Dining kitchen. They are light, fluffy, and they can be packed full of healthy ingredients. You can even hide vegetables in these…and your kids will never know!!
Four of these easy muffin recipes are not only gluten free, but they are dairy-free as well! If you end up with a few leftover, you can even freeze them for another time :-). Freezing the extra gluten free muffins means you have muffins anytime. Defrost and you have the perfect grab and go breakfast!
Tips For Light And Fluffy Gluten Free Muffins
There are many things that can go wrong when you are baking gluten free. Don’t get discouraged, just follow these simple tips and you will feel like a professional baker in no time!
- Overmixing – Don’t overmix the batter. You want to have light bubbles in the dough. If you stir it too much, then the result will be a dense muffin.
- Leavening – If you put in too much leavening will cause the muffins to be more dense than fluffy. Make sure not to put in too much baking powder or baking soda, and your results will be much better.
- Oven Temperature – Periodically check your oven temperature to make sure that it is accurate. If you bake too hot, it can significantly affect the outcome of the gluten free muffins.
Ways To Serve These Easy Gluten Free Muffins
Of course, you can make the muffins for breakfast, but did you know there are many other reasons to make them? Here are a few ideas:
- Snacks – Once you taste a gluten free muffin for the first time, you will be hooked and nobody can tell they are gluten free! These are the perfect afternoon snack to get you through until dinner.
- Travel Food – If you are planning a trip and need some ideas of food that travel well, then these muffins are for you! Place them in an airtight container and hit the road.
- Baby Showers – How can anyone say no to amazing mini muffins at your next baby shower? Trust me; everyone is going to rave about them.
- Brunch – Fill your brunch menu with several of these easy muffin recipes and everyone will happily devour them!
Can You Freeze Gluten Free Muffins?
Yes, absolutely you can freeze gluten free muffins. To get the best results, I recommend individually wrapping each muffing with plastic wrap or in a small ziplock bag. Then you can place all of them in a larger ziplock bag or plastic container. This will help keep the air off of them and prevent freezer burn while keeping the flavors.
To defrost the muffins, simply place them on the counter until they are thawed. If you are in a hurry, you can also toss them in the microwave for a few seconds. Make sure not to overheat them or they will dry out.
What Kinds Of Ingredients Can I Mix Into These Muffin Recipes?
Each one of these gluten free muffins tastes amazing and are really moist! I like to adjust my recipes from time to time and add extra ingredients depending on what I am craving. Here are some ideas of ingredients you can add in:
- Nuts – Pecans, walnuts, and almonds are my favorites. They add a little bit of a crunch and enhance the flavors.
- Chocolate – Everything tastes better with a little bit of chocolate. Use your favorite variety of chocolate chips. White chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate all taste incredible!
- Craisins – I love the extra sweetness they provide and they pair well with muffins that don’t already have fruit.
How Do I Store Gluten Free Muffins?
The best way to store gluten free muffins is in an airtight container either on your counter or in your pantry. (You can also freeze them!) You want to avoid them getting too much moisture. Keep them away from heat. They will not age well if they get too hot.
How to defrost gluten free muffins:
To defrost, place a muffin on a microwave safe plate and defrost in your microwave for 25-30 seconds.
Why are my gluten free muffins crumbly?
Gluten free muffins can turn out crumbly for two reasons. First, if your muffin batter is too dry, the lack of moisture will make your muffins crumbly. Second, it is important to use a binder like Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum when baking. This will help hold the ingredients together better.
Why are my gluten free muffins too dense?
Having dense muffins is a total bummer. This often happens if you overmix your muffin batter. Another reason is if you use too much baking soda or baking powder. Make sure to follow the recipes so you know how much to add.
Which gluten free muffin recipe will you make first?
The Best Gluten Free Muffins Recipes:
Gluten Free Blood Orange Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
These gluten free cinnamon streusel muffins have such a sweet crumbly topping. It is hard to resist. These muffins have lots of blood oranges for extra flavor. Refined sugar free with a brown sugar option if you prefer.
Fluffy Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins + Recipe Video
If you like a light and fluffy muffin, look no further than these Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins. You can use any fruit, but this recipe makes fluffy muffins every time!
Easy Gluten Free Cherry Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Gluten Free Cherry and Chocolate Chip Muffins. Cherries may not be in season right now, but you can use frozen or dried cherries in place of fresh cherries.
Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Savoury Muffins + VIDEO
Lastly, how about a savory muffin recipe? These Gluten Free Cheddar Herb Muffins are so good on their own, or dipped into a hot soup or stew! There is a video to show you how to make these fluffy muffins too!
Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin is popular in the fall, but why not enjoy these Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins all year long? They are light and fluffy, which makes these a family favorite! Pumpkin adds so much added nutrition, you can use canned or bake your own pumpkin!
Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Blueberry Protein Muffins
These light and fluffy high protein gluten free blueberry muffins are a delicious treat that is perfect for breakfast, a lunchbox, or afternoon snack.
And, if you are still looking for more inspiration, here is a link to all of the muffin recipes on this blog!
More Delicious Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas: