These gluten-free matcha green tea Madeleines are a fun way to enjoy these French cakes. Light and fluffy, you will love the subtle green tea flavors. Drizzle icing for a special treat.
I am on a Madeleine kick lately…and these dairy free matcha green tea Madeleines are no exception. Not only do these tiny French cakes have a wonderful flavor, but they pack a tiny caffeine kick as well :-).
For this Madeleine recipe I decided to make it dairy free by using coconut oil and coconut cream instead of butter. These Madeleines are delicate and cake-like so the experiment went well 🙂
(*Note, not all matcha green tea powders are gluten free. Check ingredients!! Trader Joe’s matcha powder is NOT gluten free!)
What type of Madeleines would you like to see next?
Click here to see all of the cookie recipes on this blog.
More Delicious Matcha Green Tea Recipes to Try!
- Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Baked Matcha Donuts
- Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
- Matcha Green Tea Mochi
(*Please note there are affiliate links in this post. Making a purchase from an affiliate link will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I really appreciate your support!!)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil on Madeleine pan to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix.
- Put a spoonful of dough into each Madeleine pan cake mold.
- Bake for 10 minutes until done.
- Optional, drizzle icing on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 198 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 85mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 3g
Round out the meal with these menu ideas: