These spring onion gluten free breakfast tacos are a crowd-pleasing breakfast. Topped with my favorite mango habanero salsa, these are hard to resist.
If you are a breakfast lover like we are, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free breakfast recipes!
Our family is all about breakfast tacos.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to filling them. Fresh vegetables, sausage, herbs...they all work together and create beautiful flavors. And even better? My kids love these too!
Did you know there is a hot debate on who actually invented the breakfast taco idea? Personally, I am biased as I am from Austin, but who knows for sure. Regardless of who is responsible that the breakfast taco concept, I am very grateful because our whole family will eat these for breakfast.
(*I received compensation from LA VICTORIA®, but all opinions are my own. I really loved this salsa, and I hope you will too.)
This week I am using my new favorite new "sweet and spicy" salsa flavor, mango habanero. LA VICTORIA® really outdid themselves in creating this salsa! It is full of fresh mango, tomato, and pepper chunks. Just look above!
We decided to use fresh spring onions for these gluten free breakfast tacos. Spring onions are in season and full of mild onion flavors that work perfectly in this breakfast taco recipe.
What can you substitute for spring onions?
If you can't find spring onions, don't worry. You can easily substitute scallions or onions!
This salsa is delicious on everything from quiche, crostini, nachos, steaks, chicken, to tacos. I even plan to add it to cream cheese to make a hot cheese dip for the next time our friends come over for a get-together!
Need more breakfast inspiration? Check out these delicious Eggs over Cheesy Hatch Chile Grits for breakfast!
Your whole family will love how quick and easy these gluten free breakfast tacos are to make. I have one child who won't touch anything with onions.
This recipe is so versatile, you can make it without onion, or add the few vegetables your little one will eat to make these special. Breakfast tacos make a delicious healthy breakfast!
More Fun Breakfast Recipes to Try:
Spring Onion Breakfast Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa
- 4-6 eggs depending on how many tacos you want to make
- 1 large spring onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Mexican shredded cheese blend
- LA VICTORIA® Mango and Habanero Salsa
- 4-6 Corn tortillas
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and heat on medium temperature.
- In a small bowl, add eggs and scramble to mix.
- Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro and egg.
- Stir while they are cooking.
- While the scrambled eggs are cooking, heat the corn tortillas for 25 seconds in the microwave.
- Add egg to each tortilla.
- Add shredded cheese to each taco.
- Top with LA VICTORIA® Mango and Habanero Salsa.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top.
- Serve warm.