There is nothing more satisfying than a hearty hot breakfast like this easy Ground Turkey Chili Shakshuka recipe. It is warm and full of delicious ground turkey to keep you full all morning.
Your whole family will love this ground turkey recipe!
(*This post was sponsored by Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey. All delicious opinions are my own.)
Ground Turkey Recipes
Today I wanted to create a fun twist on a shakshuka. In case you haven’t heard of a shakshuka, it is an egg dish where the eggs are poached in a tomato sauce. Shakshuka is popular in the Mediterranean, and the Middle East.
This chili has just enough spice and flavors to blend in with the eggs and cheese to make the perfect breakfast! This high protein breakfast is ready in just 30 minutes.
If you love a more traditional shakshuka, this Garden Vegetable Shakshuka recipe is another fun breakfast to try!
Some of my popular ground turkey recipes include:
- Instant Pot Turkey BBQ Meatballs
- Turkey Enchilada Pie
- Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Sloppy Joe’s with Ground Turkey
One Recipe Two Different Meals
One thing I love about this recipe is that it can do double duty. You can make a big pot of turkey chili for one meal, then use the leftover chili to make this delicious breakfast shakshuka.
Ground turkey is healthier, leaner, and much lower calorie than ground beef. Using ground turkey instead of ground beef means my chili isn’t greasy! That is a win-win when you have picky eaters!
This easy shakshuka recipe is full of protein from the ground turkey and healthy beans!
Did you know that Foster Farms is a family-owned and operated? Foster Farms has remained true to the legacy of excellence, honesty, quality, and service established by its founders, Max and Verda Foster.
Why I always buy Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey:
- Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is grown here in California.
- Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is USDA Certified Organic and raised free-range on organic land with no antibiotics ever.
- Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is 100% natural with no antibiotics, no GMOs, and no added hormones or steroids. This is really important to my family.
- Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is 93% lean, making it a delicious low-fat meat choice
You are going to love how easy this spicy baked eggs recipe is to make!
How to Make Shakshuka
Are you ready to see how easy this easy shakshuka with meat recipe is to make?
The first step is to cook the ground turkey with a little olive oil, onion, and garlic.
Add in tomatoes, beans, spices, green chilis, and cilantro and simmer.
Continue to simmer. See all of the ground turkey in this chili? I love how hearty it turns out!
Poaching Eggs in Tomato
Now for the fun part…poaching the eggs in the tomato chili. Drop in the raw eggs right into the chili.
Let the eggs settle into the chili and simmer on medium-low heat. When the eggs are partially cooked, I pop the cast iron skillet under a broiler for 5 minutes. After 2 1/2 minutes, I remove it to add some grated cheddar cheese and fresh chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with sour cream, chopped cilantro, and scallions. Like it spicy? Add in some jalapeños!
If you love Shakshuka, you may love this Mexican Shakshuka recipe too!
(*There are affiliate links in this post. The price you pay if you purchase through this link will not change. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to offset the costs of running this blog. I appreciate your support.)
Things You Need To Make This Ground Turkey Shakshuka Recipe:
- A 12″ cast iron skillet. This is perfect for a shakshuka because it can go from stovetop to oven.
- An easy to use food chopper for the onion and peppers.
- 1 pound Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 28 ounce can peeled tomatoes
- 14 ounces pinto beans
- 14 ounces black beans
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a cast iron skillet, add olive oil and allow to heat 1 minute. Add ground turkey, garlic, peppers, green chiles, and diced onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes until onion is soft and ground turkey is cooked.
- Add spices, tomatoes, beans, and chilis. Bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil for 3-5 minutes then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Add 4 raw eggs.
- Allow eggs to poach in the chili for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and put under a broiler for 5 minutes. After 2 1/2 minutes, add grated cheddar and then put back under the broiler for the remaining 2 1/2 minutes.
- Enjoy hot, garnish with sour cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 493 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 235mg Sodium: 1070mg Carbohydrates: 63g Fiber: 21g Sugar: 7g Protein: 54g
More Delicious Dinner Ideas